General Manager, Assessment And Adapted Interventions
- Great opportunity to lead an energetic multidisciplinary team
- Make a positive difference in keeping our community safe
- Attractive salary between $122,502 - $163,934 + superannuation
Exciting opportunity to join Forensic Intervention Services as the General Manager, Assessment and Adapted Interventions.
As a division of Corrections Victoria, Forensic Intervention Services is a specialist program area that provides service users in custody and in the community with evidence-based screening, assessment and offence-specific intervention services to support their rehabilitation. In doing so, Forensic Intervention Services is a critical component of the department's strategy to reduce reoffending and contribute to community safety.
About the role
The Assessment and Adapted Interventions service area consists of four clinical teams that deliver offence-specific clinical assessments, management and interventions to individuals convicted of a sexual or violent offence, sexual and violent service users with a cognitive impairment, and individuals who are subject to a post-sentence order pursuant to the Serious Offenders Act (2018).
The General Manager is responsible for the overall management of the following Assessment and Adapted Interventions teams: Metro Assessments, High Risk Management, Disability and Supported Pathways and Rivergum Clinical Services, and the provision of strategic leadership and direction to ensure the provision of best practice clinical services.
The General Manager, Assessment and Adapted Interventions is also responsible for the provision of authoritative technical advice to Corrections Victoria Senior Management regarding emergent trends in treatment needs and practices in order to assist in setting evidence-based policy direction and also forms part of the Forensic Intervention Services leadership group.
As our ideal candidate, you will have significant demonstrated experience in leading and effectively managing a team of professionals to deliver services within a complex service system along with demonstrated understanding of the legislative and operational considerations impacting delivery of clinical services within a forensic environment. You will have awareness of key issues impacting the delivery of programs and services within Corrections Victoria and demonstrated expertise in the assessment and treatment of service users.
Expertise in risk assessment and offence specific interventions is desirable and you will have excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to build effective stakeholder relationships and understanding of contemporary forensics interventions.
- Registration as a Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) is mandatory
- Leadership position as a member of the Victorian Public Service (VPS).
- Opportunities for career growth throughout the Department of Justice and Community Safety and the wider VPS network.
- Competitive salaries, generous leave entitlements, including annual leave loading, salary sacrifice, paid parental leave, and the opportunity to purchase additional leave.
- Professional development; including support and training tailored towards your goals.
For more information on the accountabilities and key selection criteria for the role please refer to the position description attached.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button on this advertisement. Applications should include a resume and covering letter. Attachments can be uploaded in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt or .rtf formats.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include national police checks and misconduct screening.