Maintenance Superintendent - Site Services
Orontide is a leading Western Australian company providing specialist engineering, fabrication, preservation, and integrity maintenance services to the Mining, Oil & Gas, Naval Defence, Marine, and Commercial Industries.
About the Role
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Maintenance Superintendent to join the Orontide Site Services team.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will oversee and lead the work activities of the maintenance team to ensure job scope outputs meet or exceed expected safety, quality and other client requirements, including shutdowns.
The Maintenance Superintendent will successfully lead the team in:
- Key focus on safety and safety leadership
- Building a strong and collaborative work team
- Drive a high-performance culture in the work team with a focus for on time quality delivery
- Liaise with Client and Sub-Contractor representatives at all levels for job scopes, estimation and execution
- Coordinate maintenance and shutdown activities in line with targets and schedules
- Ensure jobs are thoroughly scoped prior to work commencing
- Provide updates at various shift start and maintenance/shutdown meetings
- Management of job costs and performance reporting
- Actively seek out ideas for continuous improvement
To be successful for this position, the following skills/qualifications would be looked upon favourably:
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Engineering and/or a Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar industry (heavy engineering, oil/gas or defence) with 5 years leading and mentoring a high performance maintenance team
- Knowledge of relevant mining related legislation and relevant Australian Standards.
- A strong people focus with the ability to drive a high performing team and build strong relationships on all levels of the organisation, coupled with a strong client relationship focus.
- Extensive experience in mining with a track record of delivering excellent results in the maintenance and shutdown areas.
- A pro-active, can do attitude and the ability to hit the ground running.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- MS Project experience (Desirable)
- High Risk Tickets; Forklift, Rigging, Dogging (Desirable)
Orontide is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applications from female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates. Orontide embrace cultural diversity and inclusion and we welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Culture & Benefits
In return for your extensive skills and experience, Orontide offers a competitive salary and fantastic company culture!