FIFO SMP Superintendent
FIFO SMP Superintendent
Across the Monadelphous workforce, you will find stories of people who took an opportunity to make a difference with us and built a career and lifetime friendships as a result. We employ over 5,000 highly skilled people who contribute positively to our operations and the communities in which we operate. Ours is a culture built over 30 years, and it's the reason for our continued success.
Our Engineering Construction division provides large scale, multidisciplinary project management and construction services through multiple, specialised business units.
From concept to completion, we deliver solutions for major construction projects through all phases of development for the iron ore, coal, minerals processing, energy, infrastructure, marine and renewables markets. We pride ourselves on successful execution of difficult projects and are renowned for delivering what we promise.
Monadelphous are seeking an experienced, engaging and enthusiastic SMP Superintendent to join our highly skilled project team and play an integral role in the successful delivery of one of our premier iron ore construction projects.
Mobilising straight to site on a 20/8 FIFO roster from Perth, you will be responsible for the planning, management and successful execution of all delegated works, ensuring that work is completed safely, on schedule, to required client specifications and within budget.
Drawing on your previous experience, you will:
- Supervise, coach and mentor direct reports, ensuring that site employees have the necessary competencies to undertake assigned tasks
- Participate as a safety leader by promoting a safety culture, involving the group in decisions, and providing resources to accomplish project safety goals
- Plan and schedule work and labour requirements to meet contract time commitments and maximise resource utilisation
- Monitor progress against work schedule to ensure any issues that may impact on schedule, budget or other areas of the project are identified
- Develop strong relationships with key customers and liaise on a day to day basis to plan work, keep them informed of progress, resolve any issues of concern and identify variations or additional work required
- Set high standards of performance, quality, and accountability for oneself and others to deliver project objectives
- Apply and share trade knowledge to both the project works and supervised staff
We provide the benefits you'd expect from a leading Australian company, but what makes us different?
- Our work. We offer diverse, challenging work with top-tier client partners on great projects.
- Our culture. We're solution focused, reliable and embrace a 'can-do' team environment.
- Our loyalty. You'll reach your potential with Monos by your side all the way.
What will you bring:
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Cert IV in Frontline Management would be an advantage
- Previous experience in a similar role within the resource industry, preferably within a mining construction environment
- Extensive experience in a Superintendent role, managing and coordinating a multi-disciplinary SMP crew and supervision onsite
- High level planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency with the use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Great communication skills with the ability to deliver a message effectively
- Experience in delivering safe and reliable construction service solutions and committed to the safety, wellbeing and development of employees
We are committed to zero harm, ensuring we live by our promise: The safe way is the only way. We embrace the benefits of employing hardworking people from rich and varied backgrounds, so we encourage applications that contribute to our diverse workplace.
A career at Monadelphous is a career with a difference. Make it yours.