Facility Maintenance Supervisor
As a leading West Australian local government, the City of Stirling is a place where people choose to live, work, visit and invest. We strive to serve our diverse community through providing efficient, responsive and sustainable services. Each year we deliver a range of innovative projects and community programs designed to create vibrant, accessible and thriving neighbourhoods.
Our Facilities Maintenance Supervisor will manage a multi-disciplined team and be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service across our 500 building facilities. The successful candidate will be leading significant improvements in the way we manage minor works and planned maintenance activities.
Key responsibilities include;
- Arranging works by allocating work orders or requesting quotations as required and ensuring contract requirements and KPI's are achieved
- Respond to reported issues and coordinate efficient and effective responses
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with organisations and contractors on behalf of the City
- Supervise and manage maintenance contracts and contractors
- Assist in the development of building works strategies
- Coach and develop team members, ensuring there is a clear plan for the professional & technical growth of the team
- Contribute to supporting a continuous improvement culture
In addition, to be considered for this role, you’ll possess the following skills and/or qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role within a building/facilities management and service delivery environment
- Relevant tertiary / trade qualifications in a Facilities related discipline,
- Experience in team supervision and people management skills
- Well-developed written & verbal communication
- A working understanding of the requirements for multiple trades, such as refrigeration, plumbing, general building maintenance and fire protection systems.
- Understanding of infrastructure eg power, water and construction
- Knowledge of applicable codes, policies, standards, and best practices within building
- A sound track record in influencing and managing people and business operations
- The ability to keep to timelines and manage multiple deadlines
- A proven track record of safety management in an industrial or building environment
- ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence.
The salary for this position will be from $84,715 - $89,175 gross pro rata per annum plus superannuation. You will also enjoy benefits including flexible working conditions, excellent leave entitlements, company superannuation matching up to 6%, comprehensive employee wellness program, generous study assistance and free parking.