Construction And Maintenance - Afternoon South
Ventia and Suez, have teamed together as Allwater - an internationally experienced team that combines operating and technical excellence on a global scale within the Water and Wastewater Industry. Together with our Alliance partner SA Water, Allwater is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater networks and associated assets throughout the Adelaide metropolitan area.
- Full-time Fixed Term until 30 June 2021
- Southern Suburbs base
- Afternoon Shift
Allwater are seeking applications for experienced candidates to fulfil the role of Construction and Maintenance Worker, within the Customer Field Services group based at the Southern Networks Depot (Happy Valley).
The successful candidate will work 7.6 hour days across a 7 day roster, participate in a 7-day on-call roster and receive 5 weeks of annual leave.
Working closely with the Customer Field Services Supervisors, Field Coordinators and Network Technicians, the successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Reactive and preventative maintenance for wastewater mains, connections and related activities
- Reactive and preventative maintenance on water mains, water services including water meter replacement and repairs at the meter
- Shut-off and charging of water mains and the operation of fire plugs and hydrants
- Location and adjustment of castings and inspections points
- Clean-up following burst mains
- Liaising with the public, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Upholding a safe work environment and contributing towards a positive ‘safety’ culture
- Ensuring work is carried out with regard to accepted work practices, safety and environmental standards, key and specific performance indicators, timelines and ESCOSA requirements
To be considered for this role, the following qualifications/licences/skills will be highly regarded:
- Heavy Combination (HC) or Heavy Rigid (HR) License (Essential)
- Front End Loader and Tipper (Highly desirable)
- Backhoe and Excavator (Highly desirable)
- Skills in the use of valve keys, freezing unit, inlet/outlet risers, meters and stopcock (Desirable)
- White Card (Essential)
- Work Zone Traffic Management (Highly desirable)
- Construction or Civil works experience (Desirable)
- Use of construction equipment experience (Desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Current unrestricted Australian driver’s license is required.
- Verification of qualifications/licenses will be undertaken along with pre-employment medicals and background police checks for all shortlisted candidates.
- The right to work in Australia
Please apply for this position via the Ventia Career site by COB 19th November 2020
Allwater prides itself on a commitment to safety, a drive for excellence and offers challenge, growth and career opportunity in a supportive working environment.