Belt Splicer Trainee
What’s the Traineeship?
- Get a stable career - Full-time Permanent.
- Gain on hands-on, on the job learning!
- And earn above average trainee pay rate while you learn!
We have a great opportunity for a Trainee Belt Splicer to join our Adelaide Service Team.
As a Trainee, you will be developing your skills in conveyor belt maintenance, repairs, installation, general maintenance and replacement of conveyor components.
You will study and work to obtain a Certificate III in Polymer Processing. Your learning experience will be a combination of on the job, hands-on experience along with practical theory/classroom training.
Why work for us?
A part of the Global Michelin Group of Companies, Fenner Dunlop is regarded as a world leader in providing Engineered Conveyor Solutions to the mining industry.
We are committed to investing in our people and have our very own Registered Training Organisation to develop our people to the highest industry standards. At Fenner Dunlop we value safety, rewarding high performance by providing career opportunities and encouraging internal promotion. Our prime objective is to work together as a TEAM, as Together Everyone Achieves More to become the most respected, successful and professional Engineered Conveyor Solutions provider in the world!
To be considered for the Traineeship, you will need a minimum of:
- Gaining a Certificate III in Polymer Processing – which is recognised as a trade qualification in WA & QLD!
- Guaranteed ongoing full-time permanent employment once you have completed the Traineeship.
- Higher than average trainee pay rate!
- Being a part of Michelin; a leading and trusted brand within the global tyre market, you will be entitled to a discount on tyres each year.
- Use of company discount programs with our corporate suppliers on flights, accommodation, car hire, health insurance and more.
If you have any of the below, would be highly desirable:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must hold a current Australian drivers’ licence
- Must be available to start by the end of November 2020.
- Must not be banned from any mine sites within the South Australia region and willing to travel to mine sites
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
- Must have the ability to work in line with project/site operational requirements (which may see you working after hours, weekends and/or public holidays).
- Have a willingness to complete aptitude testing as part of the Traineeship recruitment process
- Pass a national police clearance
- Must have the ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must have a strong safety focus
How to Apply
- Previous work experience in construction, manufacturing or mining is preferred
- Possess good mechanical aptitude, as well as sound communication and numerical skills
- Possess either a Basic Riggers ticket, Forklift (LF), Basic Dogging ticket or Elevated Work Platform ticket (desirable but not essential)
To join the Fenner Dunlop team, click the link below and apply online by no later than 13th November as the position will fill fast!
Fenner Dunlop is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Disclaimer – Third-party agency referrals will not be accepted.