APS 6 - Chief Of Staff To Commandant Australian Defence Forc...
- $80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
- Weston Creek - ACT
As the Chief of Staff to the Commandant of the Australian Defence Force Training Centre Head Quarters (ADFTC HQ), you will:
About our Team
- Build, sustain relationships, providing liaison on behalf HQ ADFTC, coordinating response to key stakeholders, higher HQ tasking and joint individual training.
- Oversee and measure work outputs on unknown and known phased deliverable through tasking tracker timelines.
- Direct, supervise admin staff on daily planning and primary work functions IAW duty statements.
- Oversee governance and record keeping of corporate sensitive files through OBJ corporate file system.
- Oversee and monitor HQ ADFTC Units Resource and Reserve funding IAW planning schedules, DFG guidelines, PGPA and Service allocation.
- Facilitate reporting of Enterprise risk against budget and strategic planning requirements monitoring outcomes for reporting.
- Facilitate communication and resourcing of planning needs of ADF/APS workforce with Service ESTAB’s, Career Management agencies and ADC Work Force.
- Implement training of staff ensuring enterprise resources are compliant with relevant legislation facilitating achievement of the training mission.
- Coordinate internal, external stakeholder engagement ADFTC Business Plan delivering outcomes against ADC’s SFA.
The HQ ADFTC is a small team within ADC responsible to manage and coordinate joint individual training across six subordinate Training Units. HQ ADFTC is a key stakeholder for the synchronisation of joint individual training in the implementation of the Australian Joint Professional Military Education Continuum.
The team supports the work of the Manager of Joint Training across disciplines including warfare training, language, peace operations, international training and chaplaincy to deliver training governance, promote stakeholder engagement, drive for training innovation and attract the necessary resources to deliver its work.
The HQ team is necessarily future-focussed to understand emerging joint individual training requirements and resourcing / supporting innovative training responses. As a small team we rely upon each other to contribute fully of their professional knowledge, to contribute collegially and work cooperatively with our training units and stakeholders to deliver the required training and governance outcomes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Takes a collegiate and collaborative approach with a wide range of stakeholders to deliver high performance outcomes.
- Is highly experienced in Defence headquarters administrative practices with a strong back ground in advising to senior management in decision making options.
- Is a confident and persuasive communicator with a natural ability to explain administrative and Defence practices in line with Defence policy and governance.
- Is able to engage and negotiate with stakeholders on complex issues to influence and achieve business outcomes.
- Positively manages and leads within the HQ ADFTC team to provide clear and consistent communication, set and demonstrate clear performance and behavioural standards, manage performance, delegate appropriately and develop staff.