EL1 - Strategy And Internal Policy Manager
- $101,955 - $115,005 (plus super)
- Brindabella Park - ACT
As the Assistant Director of the ADF Total Workforce System Centre of Expertise (ADF TWS CoE), your key roles will be to:
- Working to the Director ADF TWS CoE, supervise and manage staff, through providing clear and consistent communication, setting clear performance standards, delegating responsibility, managing performance honestly and respectfully, and guiding and developing people.
- Provide subject matter advice on ADF TWS as required, including specific TWS input to key policy and guidance (eg. MILPERSMAN, PACMAN)
- Co-ordinate TWS CoE activities, ensuring directed outcomes are achieved within expected time frames.
- Monitor progress of the serials in the ADF TWS Work Plan and directly contribute to those activities where TWS CoE is the lead or a key stakeholder, ensuring these activities are completed within time frames specified in the Work Plan.
- Represent the ADF TWS CoE at Workforce Planning Branch Directors meetings and, as required, at HPC Branch Head meetings.
The ADF TWS CoE seeks to demonstrate the flexibility inherent in the TWS, within how the team operates. We encourage flexible work and value all team member’s contributions regardless of their full time or part time work arrangements. That said, the role is Canberra based (Brindabella Park).
About our Team
The ADF TWS CoE directly supports Head People Capability in her Senior Responsible Officer role for the ADF TWS, as stated in the Joint Chief of the Defence Force/Secretary Directive 02/2020 – Embedding and Optimising the ADF TWS and in accordance with tasking within the TWS Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed (RACI) matrix. The team delivers or supports reform projects and provides TWS subject matter expertise and advice to Defence leadership and HR practitioners. The team currently comprises six part time ADF members and four full time APS staff.
Our Ideal Candidate
A confident supervisor who takes a team development and outcome focused role in achieving assigned tasks. The ideal candidate will require deep expertise in the intended operation of the TWS across Defence or the ability to develop the expertise quickly. A sound knowledge of ADF and APS personnel policy and enabling legislation is a distinct advantage for this role. Must demonstrate a confidence in quickly developing effective relationships with Service representatives and a broad range of Defence stakeholders (including contractors), to gain their confidence and make positive contributions to Working Groups and ‘adhoc’ teams. Experience in managing Defence projects is essential.