- Newest coal export terminal on the Australian East Coast
Critical role through the gradual ramp up of the terminal throughput
Permanent full time position in Gladstone
We are excited to once again be partnering with Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (WICET)
to source a Procurement Officer
for their Coal Export Terminal Operations in Gladstone.
The primary objective of this role is to coordinate and control the procurement of goods and services to ensure policy compliance and achieve stakeholder requirements, whilst ensuring continuity of supply to operations.
You will report to the Commercial Lead, who leads a team of diverse commercial specialists accountable for all supply chain activities.
- An overriding commitment to health and safety.
- Procurement of catalogued, non- catalogued goods and services and repairable items to meet Terminal maintenance, operations and capital project requirements.
- Obtaining quotations, evaluating quotations, and making commercial decisions to procure goods and services.
- Working with stakeholders to keep them informed on changes to procurement plans.
- Working collaboratively with vendors, monitoring and reporting their KPIs, and general contractor management.
- Reporting and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
- 3+ years in procurement or contacts in the resource or heavy industrial sectors
- Experience procuring catalogued/ non-catalogued goods and services
- Strong stakeholder liaison and engagement skills with immediate and cross functional teams
- Post graduate qualifications in supply chain or procurement is seen as desirable
- Currently in Gladstone or can relocate to the region
Why this role?
- Assist with establishing a centralised procurement function that will critically support the gradual ramp up of Terminal throughput over the upcoming years
- Coastal living in Gladstone, one of Queensland’s biggest resource sector hubs
- Permanent full-time position within the business
- Relocation assistance available if required
Please submit your resume in word format and we will come back to you once short listing begins.