APS 4 - Alternate Communications Security Account Manager
- $67,100 - $73,256 (plus super)
- Laverton - VIC
Communications Security (COMSEC) staff are responsible for the receipt, custody, handling, accounting, distribution, safeguarding and destruction of all COMSEC material held on charge. All COMSEC accounts are required to be maintained in accordance with policy issued by Defence Cryptographic Controlling Authority (DCCA) and Australian Signals Directorate (ASD). COMSEC staff are required to engage with relevant stakeholders to identify expectations and concerns and develop a clear understanding of the issues to achieve outcomes. The position is responsible for such activities as:
About our Team
- Defence Top Secret Network support services;
- Defence Secret Network support services;
- Support CIOG High Assurance Cryptographic infrastructure;
- Support Defence and Defence Industry High Assurance Cryptographic infrastructure;
- Equipment installation, maintenance, repair and removal;
- Perform cryptographic accounting; re-key duties, checks and destructions;
- Manage material & equipment spares and future holdings;
- Conduct Annual Audits, inspections, and group activities;
- Provide Support to COMSEC Incident Reporting and Investigations;
- Perform accounting processes, procedures and audits associated with COMSEC devices and material.
The Directorate of Regional ICT Services (DRICTS) acts as the Chief Information Officer Group (CIOG) representative for all products and services delivered to Defence regional bases and sites across Australia and internationally. The Directorate is specifically responsible for Deskside Support Services, Audio Visual Support Services, End User Advocacy and Relationships, Regional Project Support, Communications Security Services (COMSEC) and Regional Assurance and Governance Services.
Our team comprises a mix of Australian Public Service (APS), Australian Defence Force (ADF) and Contracted personnel located across approximately 56 major Defence bases Australia wide. We also have an Overseas Region where opportunity exists for APS to rotate through the United States of America and France.Our Culture is one that is driven by a "One Team" approach "To be the most dedicated, trusted and proven Directorate to Customer Success in CIOG"
Our Mission is to advocate on behalf of our customers the efficient and effective delivery of Enabler Services with specific emphasis on CIOG provided services across all regions both nationally and internationally with the intent on improving the customer experience.
Our Ideal Candidate
Ideal candidates will have:
- Initiative and experience to analyse, plan, review and adjust priorities and work activities to meet business outcomes;
- Ability to undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on evidence providing detailed technical, operational, professional and procedural advice in relation to complex service level agreement and supplier management activities;
- Ability to plan and complete ICT service provision activities and tasks, selecting methods and resolving most of the issues that arise. They will be provided with assistance for the more complex issues.
- Stakeholder engagement and will be required to support the delivery of services in an outsourced environment to achieve outcomes;
- Continually improving the delivery of CIOG Services to the end user though changing and adapting processes;
- Ensuring that the delivery of services by CIOG meets agreed service quality levels Building and sustaining relationships, liaise with a range of stakeholders including other teams, peers and colleagues across Defence and other organisation;
- They will be accountable to contribute towards ongoing self-improvement and professional development, in alignment with DRICTS commitment to empower and enable the workforce through mutual learning opportunities.