Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the implementation of the Livestock Export Program communications strategy, to ensure all LEP communications are coordinated and support the RD&E Program objectives of improving animal health and welfare and bringing benefits to the livestock export industry.
- Work closely with LiveCorp and MLA communication teams to ensure communication activities are coordinated and approved.
- Maintain a close understanding of the LEP’s stakeholders and drive the development, implementation and use of the right communication tools, techniques and pathways for delivering relevant information.
- Develop and implement communication and R&D extension and adoption plans for projects and activities that are tailored to LEP stakeholders’ needs and preferences as required.
- Promote the partnership between MLA and LiveCorp, ensuring branding and communication policies are properly used by MLA and LiveCorp staff, service providers, the media and other third parties.
- Manage the production, coordination and distribution of LEP publications, print and electronic/ digital communications and other content to the highest standard, maximum impact and to deadline.
- Ensure the delivery of an effective media strategy to drive awareness and adoption of LEP R&D and in-market services.
- Excellent communication skills, including highly developed writing skills.
- Ability to identify and analyse issues, and develop and implement effective communication plans.
- Excellent project and contractor management skills to ensure MLA and its stakeholders receive maximum return on investment and services delivered are to deadline and of the highest standard.
- Strong understanding of Australia’s red meat industry, its operations and major stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or related discipline and/or demonstrated experience in a similar communications role.
Why work for MLA?
We aim to provide a modern and flexible work environment for our employees, complemented by benefits that promote overall employee wellbeing, including rebateable salary packaging, wellbeing events, rewards and recognition and a fun culture driven by our social club.
Interested? Apply now via the link below to view the full position description. Applications must include a resume and a cover letter (of no more than two pages) addressing the selection criteria.
If you have questions in relation to the advertised position contact the Human Resources team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 22 November 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advertisement