Agency Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade Work unit Biosecurity and Animal Welfare
Job title Communications and Engagement Officer Designation Administrative Officer 5
Job type Full Time Duration Fixed to 30/06/2021
Salary $84,297 - $88,687 Location Darwin
Position number 92200082 RTF 200243 Closing 22/11/2020
Contact Riki Fulton on 08 8999 2247 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the agency www.tourismnt.com.au
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=200243
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity
groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be
granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Deliver communications and stakeholder engagement activities, to a wide range of stakeholders. Messaging to be delivered in a variety
of formats including verbally, face to face and in written format. Tasks delivered in accordance with National Browsing Ant Eradication
Program (NBAEP) Communications plan and the NBAEP Response Plan.
Browsing ant (Lepisiota frauenfeldi) is an exotic invasive ant, declared and notifiable under the Plant Health Act (NT) and is under
active eradication in the NT. Browsing Ant has been confirmed at a number of industrial locations in the Darwin area. Tracing of the
movement of possible vectors of the pest is being conducted to determine where further surveillance will be undertaken to delimit and
eradicate the pest.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Assist with the development of written and visual materials to deliver effective and relevant communications against business
objectives based on the specific needs of the audience.
2. Assist to plan and deliver presentations and speak at meetings/public forums.
3. Facilitate and maintain professional relationships between the Browsing Ant Program, NT Government, the wider community and
4. Deliver activities aligned to the NBAEP Communications Plan and the NBAEP Response Plan.
5. Track, measure and report on the effectiveness of communication and engagement activities.
6. Identify and attend events that provide engagement opportunities for the Browsing Ant Program.
1. Demonstrated project management and organisational skills including the ability to set and meet deadlines, a capacity for problem
solving and to work with autonomy.
2. Sound written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and prepare and
provide written documentation.
3. Demonstrated ability to present information to, and negotiate with a diverse range of stakeholders and groups, and to represent
the Department in a variety of forums.
4. Experience in event planning, public speaking and community engagement.
5. Ability to develop and maintain strong, working relationships with a range of key stakeholders, including government, non-
government and the corporate sector.
6. Demonstrated relevant experience working in a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment, with the ability to respond to,
anticipate and to manage change.
1. Relevant tertiary qualifications.
2. Experience in the delivery of communications and community engagement activities.
Page 1 of 2