Middle Leader Of Learning (Tier 3) - Mt Maria College, PETRI...
Applications are invited for the role of the Leader of Learning is to assist the Deputy Principal to support the mission of the school through leadership of the learning and teaching programs. This is a full-time continuing teaching appointment, with an initial three-year appointment as Middle Leader. Two subsequent three-year appointments as Middle Leader will be offered following a successful performance review.
Key Responsibilities include:
- ensuring that appropriate pedagogies are developed and implemented for students;
- ensuring the quality of student learning and the effectiveness of teacher practice is occurring through appropriate supervision;
- utilising thorough analysis of current data to inform decisions;
- developing appropriate partnerships within and outside of the school; and
- leading, supporting and advising Curriculum Leaders in the execution of their roles.
The role holder would work strategically with the Leader of Learning Enhancement and the Leader of Student Wellbeing in consultation with the Senior Leadership Team.
For further details please refer to the attached Position Statement.
Mt Maria College Petrie is a co-educational Secondary College administered by the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane through the Brisbane Catholic Education Office and is a member of Marist Schools of Australia. It is located next to Our Lady of the Way school and Church in Petrie. The College was established by Brisbane Catholic Education in 1987 and was originally named “Kolbe College” after Saint Maximillian Kolbe. One of the main strengths of the College is the continual provision of Inclusive Education to its clientele. Central to our existence is the genuine concern for each student’s academic, spiritual and personal development. Promoting the Catholic faith, personal formation and building confidence and self esteem are paramount within our College community. There is a strong sense of family atmosphere and a great support for our College Mission. The College is nestled on four hectares of gardens and bush-land setting. Mt Maria College Petrie offers a flexible curriculum to meet the educational needs of all students ranging from those with tertiary aspirations to those with specific educational needs.
To be successful in this role you will:
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Wayne Chapman
Contact Telephone Number: 3285 5500
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 15-Nov-2020