Deputy Principal - Innisfail State College
Image Courtesy of Innisfail State College
About Innisfail State College
Innisfail State College opened in 2010 on the site of the former TAFE campus. Today Innisfail State College is an integrated campus, with Secondary students in Years 7 to 12, Diverse Learning Centre students from Pre-Prep to Year 12, and local TAFE students sharing the school's facilities. Our purpose is to meet the learning needs of all students and provide each young person or adult with the opportunity to achieve success in their future outcomes. We pride ourselves on preparing our students for diverse opportunities once they leave school by offering traditional academic subjects as well as nationally accredited vocational subjects to equip our students for the workforce.
Innisfail is a beautiful rural town just 90 minutes south of Cairns, best known for its sugar and banana industries and high seasonal rainfall. Enjoy a less hurried lifestyle and take time to explore the local area. A short boat ride away from the coast of Innisfail you'll find the magnificent Great Barrier Reef - just waiting to be explored. Enjoy the rainforest from a new perspective as you wander through Mamu Tropical Skywalk or head to one of many nearby beaches for a little R&R.
Your RoleThis position is responsible for curriculum and inclusion and is based in the high school at Innisfail State College. Alongside the duties stated in the Role Description, the Deputy Principal at Innisfail State College will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Leadership of and through Heads of Curriculum:
- of the development and consistent implementation of the high school's curriculum plan including all three levels of planning with vertical 7-12 alignment and embedded cross-curriculum priorities
- of the high school's systematic approach to moderation as per the BDAA model
- Oversee the Head of Inclusion who leads the Special Education Program and Learning Support, and the High School's inclusive agenda, to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focused on providing quality learning outcomes for all students, including:
- RTI systems
- Leadership of complex case management - academic, social, emotional support
- Leadership of case management - academic, social, emotional support
- Behavioural interventions including support and consequences for students with disabilities and NCCD.
- Student plans including health plans and mental health plans, individual curriculum plans, individual behaviour plans, individual learning plans.
- Capability development for staff in respect of differentiation.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for students and staff performance.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, and community groups.
- Be a futures-oriented and strategic leader.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling especially in relation to students with disability.
- Manage human, financial, facilities and curriculum resources to achieve goals.
To apply please attach the following:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services.
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.