IOC Communications & Disruptions Officer
EGM Corporate Affairs
Office of the CEO
IOC Communications and Disruptions Officer
- Your journey starts here
- Career and lifestyle
- Dynamic and friendly team
- Free MYKI travel
If you want a corporate career combined with lifestyle then V/Line can take you there. With over 2000 employees, locations throughout Melbourne and Regional Victoria and a true commitment to workplace flexibility, why not have your dream career and the lifestyle you want.
Reporting to the IOC Communications and Disruptions Supervisor, could you be our next IOC Communications and Disruptions Officer?
About the role
- You will be responsible for providing real time information to our frontline staff, customers and stakeholders, across a range of digital applications including the V/Line app, social media platforms (e.g. Twitter & Facebook) and other digital channels.
- You will source alternative transport options for customers including replacement coaches and taxis, particularly during times of service disruptions.
- You will monitor and respond to customer queries via our social media platforms.
- Working within our Integrated Operations Centre (IOC), the team operates a 22.5 hour/7 day per week rotating roster which includes public holidays and weekends.
- You are a team player who takes change in their stride.
- You take pride in what you do and actively identify, escalate and solve problems.
- Demonstrate a high level of written and verbal communication skills in a high pressure, time sensitive environment.
- Experience in disruption management, including the development and deployment of contingency planning (ideal).
- You have completed a tertiary qualification (no specific discipline required) or have equivalent knowledge and practical experience in rail, aviation or mass-transit operations (ideal).
What we can offer
- Contribute to connecting Victorians
The successful applicant will be paid commensurate with the current EA rate for the position. The selection process may include aptitude assessments, a behavioural event interview, medical and probity (police) check.
To apply for this position, please click ‘Apply for this Position' below.
V/Line is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we welcome applicants from any background. We value diversity and are continuously working towards creating a flexible and inclusive environment that is representative of the Victorian community.