Community Programs Executive Assistant
Reference Number 18447
Employment Type Permanent
Department Executive and Support Staff
Location Greensborough Service Centre, 1 Flintoff Street, Greensborough 3088
Band BAND 6
Salary $84,825.00 to $92,925.00
About the role
- Join a dynamic, forward thinking team who truly value their people
- Build strong relationships and provide quality executive and administration support
- Permanent full time
As the Executive Assistant Community Programs you will work with a dynamic team and provide high level executive and administrative support to the Director, Managers & staff within the Community Programs Directorate.
The Community Programs Directorate is responsible for the provision of a suite of human services and programs across the life course. It is also responsible for social policy and community planning, recreational, leisure and cultural services and manages a range of facilities which provide activities and functions to the community. Community Programs is integral in meeting and responding to Council’s strategic direction under People and Participation in the City Plan
You will have
- Provide direct support for the Director eg appointments, coordinating meetings and provide customer service support for the Directorate
- Review policies, guidelines, systems and processes
- Keep staff informed of changes effecting the Directorate including changes to Council policies and procedures
- Maintain Councillor’s CRM register and coordinate responses to complainants
- Conduct research and coordinate special projects
- Purchase and make payments according to Council’s procurement process
- Monitor the quality of all Community Programs reports for the Executive, Councillors and Council meetings to ensure that Councils standards for reports are maintained
We can offer you:
- Extensive experience working in an executive support role or related area relevant to the position
- A good understanding of local government decision making
- Highly effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide accurate and confidential advice and support to the Executive & Senior Management Teams
- Ability to resolve problems, manage conflict and negotiate successful outcomes
- Experience managing multiple tasks concurrently, meeting deadlines and motivating others
- Demonstrated commitment to our values
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in office administration and various computer packages
- Permanent full time plus monthly RDO
- Salary range $84,825.51 to $92,220.59 plus super
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and well-being initiatives
- Office in Greensborough close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- Flexible work arrangements
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Kath Brackett Director Community Programs Tel: 9457 9840 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Thursday 19 November 2020.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person Kath Brackett
Contact Number 94579840
Closing Date 19/11/2020