Agency Department of Health Work unit Royal Darwin and Palmerston Hospitals -
Ambulatory Care Services
Job title Outpatient Booking Officer Designation Administrative Officer 4
Job type Full Time Duration Ongoing
Salary $71,091 - $81,611 Location Darwin, Palmerston
Position number 730 RTF 198522 Closing 29/11/2020
Contact Hayley Loveday on 08 8922 8145 or Hayley.email@example.com
About the agency http://www.health.nt.gov.au/
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=198522
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume-.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all
diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to
the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants
will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
The Outpatient Booking Officer ensures there is accurate scheduling of clinics which meet the need of the population of the
Northern Territory through timely and coordinated bookings.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Coordinate Outpatient clinics and schedule appointments in accordance with the standards and policies.
2. Provide high-level administration skills to effectively manage and monitor multiple outpatient clinic waitlists.
3. Notify patients and external organisations either in person, in writing, by telephone or text of appointment times,
cancellations or changes to appointments, coordinating with other services to ensure patient centred care.
4. Effectively liaise with clinicians, patients and remote communities to coordinate and facilitate all outpatient clinics.
5. Accurately register and update demographic and financial classifications in accordance with the requirements of
Medicare (MBS), Activity Based Funding (ABF) and the National Health Data Dictionary.
6. Perform as part of a multi-skilled workforce to provide patient centred care.
7. Participate in hospital wide Quality Assurance programs, self-evaluation and performance management reviews.
8. Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being
undertaken in order to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
1. Demonstrated experience applying patient identification processes, registration standards and financial classifications
in a health based system with a high level of accuracy.
2. Demonstrated organisational, administrative and problem solving skills and a proven ability to effectively manage time,
prioritise tasks and meet deadlines within a high performing team environment.
3. Experience in using complex appointment booking and information systems such as CareSys or Jadecare or similar; data
management and software applications such as Microsoft Access, Word, Outlook and Excel.
4. Strong communication & interpersonal skills, a commitment to high personal work standards and a high level of
motivation to achieve desired outcomes.
5. Demonstrated experience delivering a high level of professional and courteous client focussed services to internal and
external clients and stakeholders whilst working in a fast passed high pressure environment.
6. Experience in appropriately handling confidential and sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner
7. Demonstrated experience of effectively working with people from diverse cultures.
1. Willingness to undertake a medical terminology course.
This section is optional. It can include any further information that is relevant to the vacancy; for example, criminal history
checks, flexibility in starting dates, requirements for travel, etc.