Agency Department of Corporate and Digital Work unit Agency Business Systems
Job title Manager Clinical Systems Designation Senior Administrative Officer 1
Job type Full Time Duration Fixed to 31/12/2021
Salary $123,559 - $138,034 Location Darwin
Position number 68200314 RTF 200686 Closing 29/11/2020
Contact Robert Kennedy, Director Application Support Services on 08 8924 6430 or Robert.email@example.com
About the agency https://dcis.nt.gov.au/
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=200686
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity
groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be
granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
The Manager Clinical Systems provides strategic leadership, specialist advice and operational management of the teams who are
responsible for the day to day management of information systems used by acute and community based health service providers across
the NT. The manager is responsible for ensuring a range of critical information systems and associated system components operate
smoothly and without interruption to support agency needs.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Provide support and advice to the senior management team and contribute to the strategic direction in the provision of digital
application support services for current and emerging systems implemented within the NT.
2. Provide advice to, and liaise with a range of stakeholders in relation to the clinical system/s including the system design, capability, and
business unit’s workflows and processes.
3. Constructively lead and effectively manage digital application support team/s, with focus on provision of timely and high quality service
provision to business units and relevant information system users.
4. Foster a positive workplace culture through exemplary leadership practices and role modelling behaviour;
5. Mentor, manage, monitor and co-ordinate individual staff and multiple teams workloads; identify where process improvements and
efficiencies can be achieved and implement accordingly.
6. Ensure adherence to relevant governance frameworks, and compliance with legislation and enforceable standards applicable in the use
of digital records.
1. Broad high level leadership and resource management skills with proven experience in constructively leading, managing and motivating
a team in a high pressure and complex and changing environment.
2. Demonstrated well-developed critical thinking, analytical, research and interpretive skills and expertise, with demonstrated capacity
to evaluate associated benefits and develop strategies to mitigate/manage risks.
3. Proven effective time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to ensure that deadlines are met and the
supply of information to management and business units is professional, timely and accurate.
4. Highly developed interpersonal, collaborative, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence and communicate
effectively with senior management, staff and people of diverse cultures.
5. High level written communication skills with proven ability to develop complex reports, submissions and documentation.
6. Knowledge of information privacy principles, and proven experience in discretion, tact and maturity to deal with confidential and
sensitive information and situations.
7. Demonstrated work ethic and attitude which emulates DCDD values of being professional, accountable, honest, respectful and
1. Relevant Tertiary, Management, IT and/or ITIL qualifications or certifications.
2. Relevant knowledge and experience in the disciplines of health, child protection, youth justice or housing services.
3. Competency at the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) level 5.
The recommended applicant will be required to have a current Working with Children card and undergo a criminal history check prior to
selection being confirmed. A criminal history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history. When
choosing to apply for this position, the applicant should consider the full requirements of the position in aligning their work experience
and capabilities to this role.