APS 4 - Administration Officer
- $67,100 - $73,256 (plus super)
- Russell - ACT
The Ministerial and Parliamentary Branch has expected Administration Officer vacancies at the APS4 level across several teams within the Branch and we are seeking to engage the best people for these roles.
What you need to know:
- We operate in a high tempo, high pressure environment, with competing priorities.
- Within this high profile area you will engage and liaise with the Executive cohort across Defence and various Ministerial Offices; your professional advice will be trusted and taken seriously.
- Our environment is privy to highly sensitive information - confidentiality is critical.
- We are a motivated and professional Branch with a wide variety of backgrounds.
- We welcome people with public and private-sector experience.
As an APS4 Administration Officer you will be responsible for performing moderately complex high level administrative support work under limited direction. You will be accountable for understanding the goals, values, and needs of the Directorate and Department. You will organise your workflow and make decisions within defined parameters relating to your area of responsibility, seeking guidance when required. You will be required to share information, monitor work practices, set work priorities, follow and develop local procedures. You will be required to communicate with, respond and provide advice to a range of stakeholders on moderately complex operational and administrative issues to achieve work unit and Defence outcomes.
About our Team
The Ministerial and Parliamentary Branch is made up of five teams:
- Ministerial and Executive Services partners with internal and external customers and stakeholders to deliver effective and timely Ministerial and Executive services, training and support.
- Ministerial and Strategic Management Team facilitates the workflow of items between the Department and Ministerial offices. The team provides quality assurance to ensure items are of the highest quality and standard.
- Parliamentary Business Team manages Defences engagement with Parliamentary committees and Inquiries.
- Associate Secretary Coordination Team provides ministerial and parliamentary support and general coordination assistance for line areas and executive within the Associate Secretary Group.
- Cabinet Liaison Services liaises across the Department to progress Defences Cabinet submissions and review external agency submissions that relate to or may have implications for Defence.
We have expected vacancies in the Ministerial and Executive Services Team, Ministerial and Strategic Management Team, Parliamentary Business Team and the Cabinet Liaison Team.
Our Ideal Candidate
To be successful in these roles, you will be self-motivated and thrive on working in a fast-paced, high pressure environment. You enjoy building and sustaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to achieve ministerial and parliamentary outcomes. You like to be accountable for contributing towards ongoing self-improvement and professional development. You will have well developed verbal and written communication skills and employ sound judgement at all times.
What we need you to bring:
- Political nous - you like to be aware of the political landscape and how it interacts with Defence.
- Judgement - you have a risk management lens and can apply a high level of judgement.
- Stakeholder engagement - you have a strong customer service ethos and can influence others.
- Flexibility - you can shift your focus between emerging and existing priorities.
- Responsive and proactive - you can work to short deadlines, and identify solutions to problems.
- Agent for change - you strive for continuous improvement and can adapt to an ever evolving environment.
- Learning mindset - you are curious, eager to learn and willing to be challenged.
What’s on offer for you:
- Genuine investment in your career. Building your leadership and technical skills is a priority for us.
- Intimate understanding of the Departments role in delivering the Government's national security agenda.
- Work with strong, smart, visionary and experienced leaders.
- The benefits of being an ongoing member of a large complex organisation.