APS 5 - Contracting Officer
- $73,636 - $78,873 (plus super)
- Brindabella Park - ACT
As an APS5 Contracting Officer you will:
About our Team
- Be required to assist the Performance Based Contracting team in achieving complex contract management work within an integrated workforce.
- Be a subject matter expert, required to engage and communicate with stakeholders; identify and provide timely advice on issues to achieve Defence outcomes.
- Work as a small team, directly supporting Defence business with World better practice Performance Based Contracting.
- Be required to interpret and provide advice within the commercial procurement and policy function, based on legislation, policy and procedures, undertaking specialist research and analysis, conducting reviews, providing contractual drafting and contact management guidance.
- Have the opportunity to assist in the development of commercial policy, and the future development of Performance Based Contracting, following Government directives.
Staff of the PBC CoE are highly motivated self-starters with a variety of backgrounds, qualifications and experiences helping to deliver procurement and contracting support solutions to CASG.
The PBC CoE team work collaboratively across a number of tasks, working across a range of domains in both CASG and Defence, as well as other Government and Non-Government agencies.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Highly motivated and solutions focused, and under limited direction be able to translate policy into practical guidance that supports procurement and contracting practitioners.
- Confident in providing innovative and alternative solutions, thinking laterally and communicating ideas within the team.
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment and achieve shared objectives.
- Confident and professional when engaging within the team and when engaging with stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and levels of seniority.
- Able to work under limited direction to manage and prioritise multiple tasks within their workflow and deliver team outcomes within a defined timeframe.