Customer Business Manager
The Customer Business Manager is responsible for one of the biggest categories that Kimberly Clark play in. The incumbent will drive the planning, analysis, influencing and collaboration across KCA’s brands within this category at our key client to ensure optimum profitability & budgeted NSV is achieved within specified volume, trade investment and category/brand strategy guidelines.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- The incumbent will be responsible for the development, analysis, implementation and management of the customer and promotional plans that best achieve volume and NSV budgets by product and customer
- Accountable for accurate inputs into Promax and utilisation of account replenishing contacts, to assist the Demand Planning team, in developing accurate sales forecasts
- Input into the development and implementation of long-term strategies to meet future customer requirements, including Differentiation opportunities for a key client with KCA brands, EDLP, Exclusive Pack offers and Value-added initiatives
- Achieve DPSM within the account of KCA products, using Category Management principals, Business & Category reviews, Field Cycle Programs, Space Management and other applicable resources.
- Lead the of National Category and Customer Plans (JCP) through customer and stakeholder collaboration. This also includes responsibility pertaining to the annual population of the specific Customer plan with monthly updates.
- Contribute to the review and negotiation of client JCP by providing thorough analysis of Trade Investment, Profitability, Return on Investment, Sales Performance, Supply Chain & Receivables
- Take a leadership role in providing recommendations to Pricing Forum, SLT, Category Development Managers and Field Sales regarding local market and account dynamics, competitive activity, promotional clashing, price trends, customer performance, sales opportunities, promotional programs and key category initiatives
- Achieve superior competitive advantage for KCA by developing and maintaining strong trading relationships with key Customers and all stakeholders
- Through personal activity manage customer claims within corporate guidelines and ensure account payment is kept within specified trading agreements, thereby optimising the company’s working capital
- Communicate fully with superiors & others who have a need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is appropriately prompt, complete, concise, candid and accurate whilst being positive, clear and responsive
Qualifications and Experience
Strong sales and influencing skills.
Strong category and consumer focus
Strong financial management skills.
Budgeting and forecasting skills.
Knowledge of the Grocery channels and broader Australian retailer landscape
Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive knowledge of KCA policies and procedures.
Strong knowledge of category management principles.
Understanding of, and competence with, computer software such as Outlook, Microsoft suite of products, as well as systems such as IRI, Quantium, Promax, and SAP.