We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly person who would like to start their career in child care. We are a high quality long day care service, located 10 minutes walk from Kirrawee train station. We care for children aged 1-5 years. We are open from 7am - 6pm, 50 weeks of the year.
The position is for a traineeship, where you will work full-time hours plus overtime when needed. Shifts will occur between 7am-6pm and be between 8-9 hours long. (For example: 7am-3:30pm, 9am-6pm) 5 days a week. You will receive 3 hours a week as office time to complete your studies and assignments which will give you your certificate 3 in Children's services when the year is finished. We organise this for you.
The position is full-time Monday-Friday.
We hope to hear from you.
Reasons why we think this is a great role include:
· Opportunities for growth and career progression
· Join a dynamic, passionate and supportive team
· Training opportunities
· Good location
· Training for first aid
· Professional development
· Small family run business
What you would be doing
The main things that you would be doing include:
· Maintaining an inclusive, fun, safe, healthy, productive and effective learning environment
· Ensuring the centre is a safe area for children, staff and visitors
· Creating excellent relationships with children, families, carers and other team members
· Cleaning duties
· Child Supervision
Skills and experience
We’re looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Desire to work with children and demonstrated capacity to enhance their experiences
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Proven willingness to learn and improve
· Passion, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to high quality care
· Current Working with Children check
· No qualifications
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $440.00 – $700.00 per week