Head Of Department - Student Services - Bundamba State Secon...
Image Courtesy of Bundamba State Secondary College
About Bundamba State Secondary College
Bundamba State Secondary College has a strong, explicit improvement agenda. Our current strategic work is focussed on quality leadership, quality teaching and professional learning underpinning our three key drivers - Learning, Engagement and Wellbeing.
As Head of Student Services, you will assist in delivering the Department's vision. The Head of Department - Student Services works in partnership with the Head of Year 7 and the Deputy Principal Junior Secondary Learners.Working with the Junior Secondary team, the Head of Department Student Services is directly responsible for supporting students social emotional development with a view to increasing student engagement and attendance at school by:
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Co-ordinating and assisting with intensive interventions and support programs, including Rock and Water, RAGE, Friends and other evidence based emotional regulation programs.
- Participating in the PLC approach for Year 7 teachers working with differentiated class groupings in 2021.
- Developing Personalised Learning Plans for students at high risk of disengagement between primary school and year 7.
- Intensively tracking and building a working rapport with students at risk of disengagement.
- Managing the Flexispace within the school, including liaison with external support groups.
- Line manage some allied support staff through the School Wellbeing Team.
- Participate in the differentiated delivery of literacy and numeracy support and tracking the impact of same.
To apply please attach the following:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- A maximum 3 resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.