Schools Officer, Grounds And Facilities - Calamvale Special...
Image Courtesy of Calamvale Special School
About the Calamvale Special School
Calamvale Special School is committed to providing student focused program options for every learner. Our school supports students with disabilities from Prep through to year 12. We are located at Nottingham Road, Calamvale in Brisbane's south in the Metropolitan Region of Department of Education. We are proud to be a Queensland State Special School that provides learning experiences that are highly personalised for students with complex educational needs in a safe, supportive and caring environment.
Our school grounds and facilities include extensive gardens, a wide range of learning environments including an indoor heated pool.
As the Schools Officer, Grounds and Facilities you will have responsibility for (but not limited to) the following:
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Provide basic maintenance of equipment specific to schools with students with disabilities.
- Oversee maintenance of school ovals through regular mowing, watering and soil maintenance (refer to WHS guidelines and procedures); lawn and garden maintenance, including regular weeding and the use of appropriate insecticides and fertilisers where necessary (refer to WHS guidelines and procedures); plant, water and care for trees, shrubs, gardens; and undertake general maintenance of grounds care equipment such as mowers, brush cutters, tractors (as per manufacturers' service manuals) and arrange regular services.
- Order and/or collect general grounds care/cleaning supplies and materials as authorised by the Principal, Business Manager or nominated delegate; undertake ground improvement and enhancement activities; and prepare, mark and take general care of all outdoor sporting facilities (e.g. basketball, netball and tennis courts, cricket pitches, track and field areas).
- Other duties, consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the position as directed by the Principal, Business Manager or nominated delegate.
OO3 appointees must have possession of a Certificate III qualification or higher relevant to the tasks outlined, from a recognised institution under the Australian Qualification Framework or agreed equivalent which, in the opinion of the Director-General, Department of Education or delegate is acceptable.
Competency at this level requires proven expertise and understanding of school facilities operations, standards and application of suitable processes.
- Capability to perform activities consistent with workplace, health and safety guidelines and procedures with regard to government facilities.
- Undertake a range of functions which may require the practical application of high level skills relevant to the role.
- Demonstrated experience to analyse requirements, identify solutions, plan and coordinate cost effective renewal projects, following documented methods and instructions.
- Sound knowledge and compliance with regulations, codes and specifications relevant to the role.
- Skillset that enables the role to undertake required procedures without intensive supervision.
When working in regulated employment an employee must have a current Working with Children Clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services.
This is a OO2 progressional position as per the Role Description. The successful applicant will be appointed to the OO2 classification with eligibility for progression to the OO3 level (as per QLD Public Service Award 2015) once specific criteria have been met. Salary rate shown is reflective of OO2 to OO3 classification range.
To apply please attach the following:
- A brief resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.