EOI - Principal - Middlemount Community School
This temporary vacancy is open to Expressions of Interest and accordingly any appointment (and extension to this appointment) will not extend beyond 12 months.
Image Courtesy of Middlemount Community School
About Middlemount Community School
Middlemount is one and a half hours drive from Emerald and three hours from Rockhampton and Mackay and has all the facilities expected of a country town. These include a small shopping centre, banks, swimming pool, golf course, hotel, cafes, sports centre and well maintained parks and gardens. It is only a stones' throw to majestic Bundoora Dam, which is great for skiing, fishing and swimming.
This P-12 school was established in 2000 when the primary and secondary schools were amalgamated to form the Middlemount Community School. Great importance is placed on the partnership between parents and teachers in the belief that education is a partnership between the home and the school with parent involvement greatly valued as time and commitments allow.
This role is an excellent opportunity to live and work in a rural location. There is a high chance that this role will become substantively vacant in 2021 and may therefore be filled on a permanent basis next year. You are strongly encouraged to apply for this relieving opportunity to discover if the Middlemount Community School community is right for you!
As the Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Uphold the principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Active participants in life long learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
To apply please attach the following:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- A maximum 3 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under “How you will be assessed” section in the attached role description.
Applicants need to be a current Queensland Government employee to be eligible to apply. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.