Deputy Principal - Sarina State High School
Image Courtesy of Sarina State High School
About Sarina State High School
Our school is a great school, with a commitment to providing the very highest quality service so that every student may achieve the highest educational outcomes. We believe this is achieved by providing a caring and supportive environment, which is reinforced through our productive partnerships with students, parents and staff.
We are committed to our core values - Imagine, Believe, Together Achieve. These form the foundations that develop responsibility, self-discipline and respect for our students and others in the pursuit of success. We provide a personalised and stimulating learning environment designed to encourage students to reach their full potential. We believe high quality teaching is vital for high quality learning, as our staff make a significant contribution to the lives of our students.
As the Deputy Principal you will have responsibility for the following:
A mandatory requirement of this role is:
- Assist the Principal to lead the school community to develop, articulate and commit to a shared educational vision focussed on providing quality learning outcomes for all students.
- Deputise for the Principal when required.
- Uphold the deputy principalship as a values based, ethical and moral activity.
- Embed socially just practices in daily school life.
- Set high standards for student and staff performance.
- Actively participate in lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
- Form partnerships with parents, other government agencies, community groups, industry and business.
- Be futures oriented and strategic.
- Understand the legislation and policies that impact on schooling.
- Manage resources to achieve goals.
To apply please attach the following:
- Current full registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration, as a teacher in Queensland. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- Teachers working in Education and Care Services (including State Delivered Kindergarten programs) require an exemption card issued by Blue Card Services. For more information please CLICK HERE.
- A maximum 3 page resume including contact details for 2 referees (one of whom should be your current supervisor)
- A maximum 2 page written response outlining your suitability for the role referring to the key capabilities under the ‘How you will be assessed' section in the attached role description.
Applications remain current for 12 months from the closing date and may be considered for appointment to identical or similar vacancies within the Department.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.