We are looking for a Sushi Maker to join our culinary team and prepare delicious plates for our guests.
Sushi Maker Responsibilities include handling a wide range of raw fish and other ingredients, managing food stock, and working with attention to detail to fulfill all orders within quality standards. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with Japanese cuisine, making Sushi roll, Sushi Maki, nigiri, uramaki, sashimi and be available to work during our opening hours.
Ultimately, you will help us establish our reputation as one of the best sushi places in the area and increase our clientele.
· Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri, and sashimi
· Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice
· Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies
· Prepare appetizers, soups, and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine
· Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed
· Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift
· Work experience in the kitchen
· Good knowledge of various sushi types
· Ability to work both fast and accurately
· Team spirit
· Availability to work during business hours, including weekends and evenings
· Flexibility to take on various shifts
· Working hours 6 days a week Tuesday- Saturday (Dinner Only), Sunday (Lunch & dinner)
· Certification from a culinary school is a plus
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Job Type: Part-time