Plan ahead of the flight so as to ascertain that requisite arrangements have been made at origin, destination and any en-route stations, and to accompany the aircraft while performing charter/scheduled operations, in order to ensure all ground operational activity takes place in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with Emirates/Airports standards and procedures.
- Supervise the GHA to ensure that load optimization and loading efficiency is achieved taking into consideration requirements for all special cargo. Prepare the loading instruction report and issue to GHA in a timely manner so that the aircraft loading can commence.
- Ensure that the aircraft is unloaded in a safe and efficient manner. Ensure at all times that the handling of time/temperature and pharmaceutical shipments demonstrate compliance to the European Union Good Distribution Practice (EU GDP) requirements.
- Responsible for preparing the aircraft weight and balance, trim sheet and submit to the Pilot in command. Issue aircraft loading and unloading instructions.
- At destination, ensure that General Declaration, flight plan and weather reports are obtained from the GHA and concerned authorities.
- Accountable for the punctuality of all flights and to ensure that an acceptable level of on-time departures is achieved. Liaise with crew hotel in the event of expected delay, to ensure crew calls are delayed and there is no impact on crew duty time.
- Assess serviceability of aircraft loading systems/equipment and liaise with Engineering for rectification as well as determine operational restrictions and limitations until systems are rectified.
- In the event of accompanying grooms, ensure all grooms are listed and approved for the flight and that their identities are checked prior to boarding the aircraft. Liaise with the grooms and crew for optimal loading positions for special loads.
- Accountable for carrying out the security search of the main deck cargo compartment to ensure that nothing has been placed that would jeopardize the safety of the aircraft. Ensure that all Aircraft Pre-Flight Security and preparation are carried out as specified in the Flight Operations Manual.
- Carry out Dangerous Goods (DG) inspections related to aircraft loading and also deal with any DG related incidents related to flight and handling while the aircraft is on Ground. Ensure necessary Permits and paper work related to special types of cargo such as AVI and DG that require special clearance, to avoid problems at destinations and transit stations.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to Year 12 Certificate or equivalent. Degree qualified would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Airline Cargo sector, ideally within a freighter and ramp handling environment.
- Freighter Weight & Balance certified.
- Minimum DG CAT 8 Qualified, DG CAT6 would be an advantage.
- Freighter/Special Cargo handling and aircraft loading including IATA LAR experience.
This is a highly Safety Sensitive Role. Details of this environment the successful applicant can expect to operate within are included below;
- Hazards working at height
- Exposure to hazardous energy systems
- Working in confined spaces
- Contact with human waste
- Contact with other hazardous materials
- Heavy lifting
- Working in a noisy environment
- Airport driving permit is required
This position will be required to work on a roster, which includes the requirement to work night shift. Must have the legal right to work and live in Australia. The company will not provide or assist with obtaining work permits.
Those that have previously applied for this vacancy (reference ID: 200000HJ), need not re-apply.
Salary & Benefits
We offer our employee's competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.