Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve.
Every day, we’re all part of something bigger. That sense of being stretched to be better is right at home here.
This opportunity will see you join a strong brand, highly experienced team with a reputation for delivery and working together for our customers to develop and provide solutions.
We have an opportunity for Boilermakers to join our team at UGL’s Mackay Workshop.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Trade qualified Boilermaker;
- Competent in usage of measuring equipment ie: inside and outside micrometers;
- All aspects of heavy Boilermaking including fault diagnosis in machinery and jobs received;
- Basic welding and usage of gas cutting torch and burners;
- Organising and planning of work;
- Ability to lead and control groups of Employees;
- Extensive knowledge of quality assurance and work instruction procedures;
- Carry out workshop inspections, job observations, hold pre-start meetings and toolbox talks to maintain safety action plan compliance;
- Ability to train trainees in correct methods of fitting and supervise;
- Identifying, rectifying of faults and potential nonconformance specifications;
- Preparation and reporting of Work Packs and MDR's; and
- Ability to communicate with clients if needed.
- Dogging ticket;
- Forklift ticket.
- Basic Rigging ticket;
Please note a rigorous pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening will be conducted for short-listed candidates
What we offer
A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
What makes you right for UGL.
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- You believe success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play.
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
If you are confident you have the skills and knowledge to fulfil this role, then please apply now via the button.
Primary Location: Australia-QLD-Mackay & Coalfields
Work Type: Casual