First Assistant Secretary, APS Reform Office
Location: Barton, ACT
Application Closing Date: 25-Nov-2020
SES Band 2
Ongoing, Full-time (Flexible working arrangements will be considered)
PM&C is seeking a talented division head to lead the Australian Public Service (APS) Reform Office. This is a rare opportunity to lead a team at the heart of government and drive the Government’s ambitious reform agenda. In a changing and increasingly connected world, we need to change the way government works to better support, protect and serve Australians.
The position reports to the Deputy Secretary Governance and regularly engages with senior officials across government to support the development and delivery of reform initiatives. The position is based in Barton, ACT and is responsible for approximately 15 officers in PM&C.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Working with Deputy Secretary Governance to set the strategic direction and work practices of the APS Reform Office
- Providing leadership to the division and fostering a vibrant, inclusive culture
- Recruiting, developing and motivating a diverse, talented team in a high pressure environment
- Anticipating requirements and negotiating outcomes across government to ensure ministers and senior executives receive timely, high quality advice
- Advising on policies and processes to support effective implementation of Delivering for Australians
We are looking for someone who:
- Has proven leadership capability working with teams in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in the conduct of policy development, service delivery and the decision-making processes by the Australian Government
- Is a flexible leader who can get the most out of diverse teams and build a vibrant, inclusive culture
- Demonstrates high level policy, analytical and conceptual skills
- Has energy and spark, challenges assumptions, is creative and drives innovative solutions
- Has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to engage with senior stakeholders on complex issues
- Exhibits strong judgement and professionalism
The candidate will need a security clearance of a minimum NV1 or the ability to obtain this.
Emma Leahey on (02) 6271 5751 or Emma.Leahey@pmc.gov.au
Please Note –
This is an unclassified web based recruitment system so your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information. This includes in your one page pitch and resume.