Administration Assistant – Property & Maintenance
Wenona is seeking to appoint an Administration Assistant to support the needs of the Property and Maintenance department of our K-12 School. Wenona values professional services staff who demonstrate a positive and proactive approach to their work and have a willingness to participate fully in the life of the School. We look for enthusiastic, dedicated and capable staff who demonstrate initiative, good humour, and professional behaviour and support the values and aims of the School as a global learning community.
This role is full time at five days a week; Monday to Friday across both term and non-term time.
The Administration Assistant will report to the Facilities & Property Manager, plus work collaboratively with the Maintenance Team Supervisor and a dynamic team to maintain the day-to-day running of the Property & Maintenance function. This role is responsible for providing a broad range of high-quality administrative support in order to meet the needs of the School. Each day is varied and busy, requiring the ability to prioritise responsibilities and manage a range of different and often competing activities and stakeholders in order to ensure the needs of our School are met.
This position will be one of the main contacts for internal maintenance queries and will be responsible for engaging positively and professionally at all times by providing relevant information and advice in a timely manner in order to ensure the smooth running of the function. Professionalism, positivity and a calm attitude under pressure must be maintained as well as the ability to maintain high levels of discretion and capability in all circumstances.
This role requires excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and the ability to liaise effectively with a broad range of the School’s internal and external stakeholders.
Indications that this job is being done successfully would include:
- Support the Facilities & Property Manager and Maintenance team to ensure that all maintenance programs and activities are executed in safe, timely and compliant manner in line with the high standards of the School.
- Review and monitor contractor Safe Work Method Statements.
- Support quality assurance by maintaining and further developing record keeping practices in relations to completed works and services rendered, which will include maintaining records pertaining to preventative maintenance schedules.
- Assist in the utilisation of the maintenance helpdesk system as a the key departmental communication, management & service evaluation tool.
- Assist the Facilities & Property Manager in supporting the timely completion of operational and maintenance budget requirements.
- Support the Facilities & Property Manager in the promotion and implementation of WHS practices to eliminate incidents and potential threats to staff and students. Work with the Maintenance Supervisor to facilitate the prompt resolution of all identified risks to ensure that our facilitates are maintained as safe.
- Respond promptly and professionally to enquiries and requests for assistance with critical priorities and requests, and understanding that property & maintenance staff are often the first point of contact.
- Support the Facilities & Property Manager in maintaining high standards of record maintenance, such as energy cost/usage, construction, developer fees, mitigation, work orders, etc. for the purpose of providing documentation that addresses monitoring, administrative and legal requirements.
- Performs accurate record keeping (confidential and non-confidential) and both general and program specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, scanning, etc.) in a timely manner to support function compliance.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (eg memos, fiscal and statistical reports, bid packets, contracts, specifications, purchase requisitions etc.) for the purposes of record keeping, plus internal & external communication.
- Work in partnership with the Quality Assurance Manager to register and action scheduled compliance activities.
- Foster strong, ongoing positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- Assist the function in the review of services and systems to clarify opportunities for improvement.
- Apply a flexible approach to work tasks and quickly adapt to changing priorities dependant on the needs of the School.
- Provide other departmental administrative and organisational support to the Facilities & Property Manager, as requested.
- Provide administrative and operational assistance (including relief for Reception) across the School to meet functional requirements and uphold the reputation of Wenona.
- Maintain an awareness of practices in areas relevant to this position and support the function’s efficiency and effectiveness, whilst considering the broader impact across the School.
- Willingness to develop an understanding of the operational aspects of administration within an educational environment.
Applicants should apply below, sending full curriculum vitae, a cover letter, addressing the selection criteria, copies of qualifications and names of two referees. Applications should be addressed to Wenona Principal Dr Briony Scott.
Wenona School is a child safe environment. Our School actively promotes the safety and wellbeing of all students, and all School staff are committed to protecting students from abuse or harm, in accordance with their legal and ethical obligations including child safe standards. Wenona’s Code of Conduct is available on our website. The successful applicant for this position will be required to provide the school with a current Working with Children Check. (https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check)
3pm, 27 November 2020