Agency Department of Infrastructure, Planning Work unit Frances Bay Mooring Basin
Job title Wharf Services Officer Designation Service Worker 2
Job type Full time Duration Fixed for 3 months
Salary $70,806 - $72,226 Location Darwin
Position number 14320 RTF 200392 Closing 23/11/2020
Contact Angus Armstrong on 08 8924 7509 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About the agency https://dipl.nt.gov.au
Apply online https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=200392
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume-.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all
diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will
be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Provide essential services to enable the Frances Bay Mooring Basin and associated wharves to operate efficiently and safely meeting
the expectations of its customers and NTPS objectives.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Assist with essential maintenance and housekeeping of wharf infrastructure, buildings, plant and equipment. Travel between
wharves driving motor vehicles.
2. Effectively and safely operate, inspect and report on specialised equipment including; lock doors and operating system, wharf
structures, water and electricity supply equipment, and firefighting equipment.
3. Operate Frances Bay Mooring Basin lock.
4. Assist as a member of the Frances Bay Mooring Basin oil spill response team.
5. Undertake multi skilled operational functions including; inspecting wharf infrastructure, property maintenance, providing waste
management services using forklift, cleaning facility bathrooms, recording vessel lock movements, and recording vessel
6. Undertake activities to support the provision of safe, efficient and effective services to mooring basin and wharf customers.
7. Be rostered on call to manage after-hours issues as they arise, and carry out overtime duties when required.
1. Hold a current Northern Territory Drivers Licence and High Risk Licence (forklift).
2. Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and reliable, with the proven ability to work in a multi-disciplined team and/or
3. Proven ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
4. Demonstrated basic computing skills.
5. Demonstrated understanding of Work, Health & Safety principles as they apply to a workplace, including safety and
environmental issues relating to a marine environment or the ability to acquire knowledge within a short period.
6. An ability to interact effectively with people from diverse cultures.
7. Ability to be on call outside normal operating hours and to carry out overtime duties as required.
1. Proven competency in vessel mooring operations.
2. Hold (or have the ability to obtain) Dogman licence.
3. Hold or have the ability to hold Elements of Shipboard Safety, Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency and oil spill
4. Hold or be able to attain a First Aid certificate.