Infection Protection And Control Lead
Infection Protection and Control (IPC) Leads
The Minister for Aged Care and Senior Australians Senator the Hon Richard Colbeck announced in August the implementation of IPC leads for each Residential Aged Care Facility.
This requirement is designed to increase infection prevention and control expertise across the aged care sector. It will ensure that each facility has a dedicated expert responsible to support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of infection prevention and control policies, procedures and practices within the facility.
Expressions of interest are being sought for these exciting ground breaking roles.
Who is eligible to be part of the project?
Details of the Role
- An enrolled or registered nurse employed in a part or full time capacity at the RACF
Details of the training?
- Undertake the Foundations of Infection Protection and Control course offered by the Australasian College for Infection Prevention and Control (ACIPC)
- The role is to observe, assess and report on IPC of the facility and assist with developing procedures and providing advice to the service
- Dedicated rostered hours will be allocated to the training and then the ongoing role
How do you apply?
- Completion of the Department of Health COVID modules
- 11 Units of study for the above course to be completed by the 28th February 2021
- Study is online and comprises of reading, quizzes and a final 3000 word essay
- Full details available at https://www.acipc.org.au/ipc-leads-in-aged-care-foundations-of-infection-prevention-and-control/
- All costs associated with the training including paid study leave will be covered by your facility
- Other options for support are being organised including study groups, workplace forum and virtual mentoring
Upload a one page EOI to your Erecruit application. All applications will be reviewed and responded to by cob 24th November 2020.
Any questions regarding this role please speak to your Service Manager or Wendy Russell email@example.com or 0437 567 842