Quality And Process Coordinator
Stramit Building Products - A member of the Fletcher Building Group sits alongside trusted names in the building and construction industry including Laminex, Tradelink and Iplex Pipelines.
Stramit is directly linked to providing quality rolled formed steel into residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. We also design and manufacture a leading range of retail and agricultural steel solutions. Stramit only use the highest grade Australian steel, we have major manufacturing and distribution facilities across Australia supported by cutting edge product development and R+D.
Operating in Australia for over 100 years – we are backed by a global giant.
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our largest operation. The Quality Systems Coordinator will combine aspects of quality management, developing quality systems, imbedding best practice manufacturing and process excellence. Your role will touch all parts of operations and have clear targets for cost reduction and operational efficiency.
Our business is fast moving and customer focused, we design and build everything to detailed customer specification and pride ourselves on service and quality. We are currently experiencing a surge in demand and you will contribute to the ongoing growth of the business.
Your role will involve:
- Developing quality assurance systems that focus on consistent and accurate manufacturing outcomes
- Driving a standardised approach to workflow and promoting a continuous improvement mindset
- Monitoring standards for ISO accreditation including auditing and documentation
- Initiating and championing new process initiatives leading to embedded change
- Engaging stakeholders across operations to promote on-going cost savings and quality improvements
What’s in it for you?
- Exposure to quality systems and QA/QC process in a manufacturing setting will be critical
- Understanding of Lean or examples of process improvement initiatives
- Experience in machine based manufacturing or heavy industrial manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Demonstrated high analytical skills and the ability to think strategically
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills and experience in ERP systems
- Qualifications in engineering, quality or Lean will be highly regarded
- Make your mark – Opportunity to make the role your own within our new structure
- Corporate Discounts – Fletcher Building has a range of fantastic corporate discounts
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy supporting your career development
- Progression – We are part of the Fletcher Building group with more than 5,500 people across Australia
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.
Please note: Our recruitment process will include a video & phone screen and a formal interview. The successful candidates also will be required to undergo a medical and drug / alcohol assessment and will be able to demonstrate unlimited working rights in Australia.