$69,917 - $84,895
Team Leader, Statutory Planning
Usual work location:
Level 10, 1 Spring St, Melbourne
To determine what the network needs, plans and designs the future network to deliver on the transport strategy, system design and service planning.
Primary purpose of this role
Apply subject matter expertise under broad supervision to support the Department's Planning & Environment Act 1987 statutory planning functions as a proponent, a referral authority and a planning authority. Working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver statutory planning functions in line with agreed state-wide priorities.
- Ability to apply a sound understanding of the Victorian planning and approvals processes and legislation to facilitate integrated land use and transport outcomes.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise competing demands.
- Ability to exercise judgement to maintain positive and productive relationships and to participate effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to use accurate and professional written communication skills to confidently interact with internal and external stakeholders either in person, telephone or written communication.
- Ability to be the go-to person for the business area for all issues relating to maintaining the daily operation of the business, ability to identify problems, analyse alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with project teams and provide advice and support that meets both the project needs and planning requirements
Culture and Benefits
The Department of Transport is committed to building a culture where flexible work arrangements are a focus to support different ways of working, helping employees balance work and life.
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please call Rosario Pacheco on 03 93131350.