Full time Receptionist position available in an equine veterinary practice, located in South Grafton, NSW.
We are an established, forever growing equine veterinary business based in South Grafton, NSW that offers its employees challenging and diverse roles and responsibilities, above award wages, and a friendly, high energy environment. We are positioned on a 60-acre property with 12 stables, 15 paddocks, large undercover work area, large administration office complex and further infrastructure soon to be built.
The Company: Equine Veterinary & Dental Services Pty Ltd (EVDS) is an equine only clinic that does mostly dentistry and elective work on horses. We stand a resident stock horse stallion at stud, so breeding is part of the Spring and Summer workload. EVDS conducts training workshops for vets, plus distributes dental equipment to vets throughout Australia, New Zealand & Asia. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
We believe in helping owners to prevent disease and emergencies in their horses & empowering other vets to do the same.
The Position: We’re looking for a superstar receptionist, able to begin December 2020, who possesses the following skills:
· Experience in reception or sales
· Strong MS Office skills, specifically Excel
· Proven computer skills
· Use of an industry specific software program would be advantageous, but not compulsory
· Strong communication skills
· Strong literacy and numeracy skills
· Honest and reliable, and willing to go the extra mile
· Excellent people skills and appreciation for delivering high levels of customer service
· Excellent phone manner
· Excellent attention to detail
· Performs well under pressure
· Self-motivated and energetic
· Proactive approach to tasks
· Excellent problem-solving skills
· Excellent efficiency
· Neat and tidy appearance
· Sense of humour
· Able to work in a team environment as well as individually
· Able to work under direct supervision or autonomously
· Previous experience with horses (preferably you own your own)
· Good core beliefs in providing optimal horse care
· Enthusiastic and willing to learn/accept feedback
· Enjoys a challenge
· Strives to be healthy – physically and mentally
· License and a reliable car
Duties: Include but are not limited to:
· Being the first point of contact for all phone enquiries from horse owners and vets
· Making appointments
· Managing appointment book logistics, including forward planning, and looking for ways to maximise travel efficiency
· Liaising between horse owners and vets
· Liaising with other vet clinics for referral information
· Answering emails
· Managing client reminders, follow-up contact and sending client satisfaction surveys
· Taking direction from the business owner as well as using own initiative
· Invoicing and taking payments
· Record management, specifically clinic spreadsheets
· Management of in-patient and out-patient records
· Management of records for the Zoetis Hendra registry
· Receiving of veterinary equipment sent into our technician for repair
· Contacting suppliers, clients, vets and businesses as required for a variety of reasons
· Managing the cleanliness and presentation of the office
· Assist in conducting our own workshops and conferences, client education nights etc.
Hours of work are 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with a one-hour unpaid break each day. The pay range we are offering is an introductory level of $21.41/hr increasing to $24.09/hr or higher depending on performance. This is exclusive of superannuation.
Your position is covered under the Animal Care & veterinary Services Award 2020.
We require someone to begin no later than December 14th 2020, however we will be closed from 5:00pm Christmas Eve, returning on Monday 4th January 2021. A December 14 start allows for adequate training with supervision before being required to work more independently in the new year.
The location: EVDS is based just outside of Grafton, NSW. This is a great place to live because it’s a peaceful country town of 20,000 people, on the largest river on the East Coast of Australia with beautiful beaches only 30 minutes away.
Why should you apply?
· A fun team to work in, where every day is different!
· Top industry pay rates
· Great staff discount on veterinary products and procedures
· Reasonable hours – rarely any weekend work
· A mentally stimulating role with opportunity to grow your career and knowledge base
· You get to help literally thousands of horses directly and indirectly through our local veterinary services, plus our training of vets from around the world to perform high quality dental work
HOW TO APPLY:
Email a cover letter along with your resume to the email address provided with this advertisement.
Please include a minimum of two professional references.
The closing date for applications is Monday 30th November 2020.
Application Deadline: 30/11/2020
Expected Start Date: 14/12/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.41 – $24.09 per hour