Reference Number 13312
Employment Type Part Time
Department/Unit Consulting Rooms
Location Latrobe Regional Hospital, Traralgon West
Enterprise Agreement Classification 10 - Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016-2020 - Administration Officer Grade 1A
Salary $24.85 to $27.75
Latrobe Regional Hospital (LRH) is the major provider of specialist health services in the Gippsland region, east of Melbourne. Our comprehensive range of services extends to emergency and intensive care, elective surgery, allied health, obstetrics, medical and radiation oncology at the Gippsland Cancer Care Centre, dialysis and aged care.
LRH has a number of outstanding facilities following a recent expansion. These include a cardiac catheterisation laboratory, large Emergency Department, endoscopy suites and modern and contemporary inpatient units. These complement extensive Allied Health amenities including a gym and pool. LRH is the regional provider of mental health services in Gippsland. LRH Mental Health Service operates an integrated specialist mental health program across the region and provides inpatient and community mental health care for adults, children and young people and older persons. Gippsland provides a fantastic regional lifestyle with easy access to Melbourne.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and suitably qualified Receptionist to join the Consulting Suites team at Latrobe Regional Hospital on a Part time basis.
Reporting to the Business Manager the successful applicant will play an important role in ability to perform secretarial, reception and clerical tasks.
- The successful applicant will be required to:
- Provide a welcoming environment for all patients and carers
- Execute accurate and timely appointments for all patients
- Handle all phone enquires in a professional manner
- Provide secretarial assistance to doctors as required
- Generate Medicare and or cash/card receipts for visiting doctors
- Ensure all patient information in kept confidential
- File all incoming mail, faxes etc for visiting doctors
- Maintain a clean waiting room and office environment
- Assist with arrangements for Telehealth consultations
To be successful in this position you will need to have:
- Ability to relate well to customers at all levels
- Professional, well-organised disposition
- Diplomatic approach and an understanding of the importance of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to corporate standards
- Adaptable to frequently and rapidly changing environments
- Effective, supportive and flexible team member
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to use initiative
For further information about this position please contact Jorja Elfring, Business Manager
on (03) 5173 8740
Applicants will be required to apply for and satisfactorily obtain a National Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Latrobe Regional Hospital is a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. We recognise and value inclusion and diversity and encourage all people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for our positions.
LRH’s Koori Health Liaison Officer is available to support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent applicants on (03) 5173 8653.
*LRH reserves the right to appoint prior to the application close date*
Essential: Demonstrated experience in an office administrator’s role
Essential: Excellent interpersonal skills
Essential: Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Essential: Ability to work in a team environment
Essential: Ability to meet deadlines.
Essential: Ability to rapidly acquire a sound knowledge of the structure and functions of the administrative systems.
Essential: Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
Essential: Basic computer skills particularly in word processing
Essential: Demonstrated organisational skills
(03) 5173 8740