Food Service Officer (Aged Care)
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and the first health service in Australia to be recognised for excellence in person-centred care by Planetree International. It's also one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
Perform operational tasks associated with providing the highest quality service to all clients in accordance with legislation, established standards and procedures.
- Maintain work areas to the required standards of food safety, cleanliness and state of repair in accordance with the Food Safety Legislation, Food Service Standards and Workplace Health and Safety requirements including workplace equity and anti-discrimination.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene, complying with dress standards set down in Queensland Health policies.
- Effectively communicate with and display care and consideration when dealing with patients, staff and the public ensuring all work-related information remains strictly confidential.
- Ensure cost efficient measures are applied in the use of all materials and overheads, including minimising any breakages and wastage.
- Actively participate as a team in the day to day food preparation activities of a food services department, including receipt and storage of goods as per the imprest systems provided, the assembly and distribution of meals and menu items and functions.
The Food Services department provides a complete dietary service to Redland Hospital, Redland Residential Care and Wynnum Health Service via on-site kitchens at each facility. In addition to patient meals, food services also provide catering for functions and operate a Café and Coffee Cart at the Redland Hospital premises for the convenience of both staff and visitors.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Metro South Health ICARE² values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-teamThis work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License.