Patient Services Assistant
We are looking for experienced, energetic & motivated individual to join our Cardiology Specialist Centres in Woolloongabba.
The part-time/full-time role is for an experienced and highly motivated Specialist Receptionist to join our admin team. The successful candidate would thrive in patient and customer care-based environments. The ability to work well under pressure is a must. Applicants must be willing to travel to our sites to cover our reception staff in our other clinic when required.
If you are fast learner, love dealing with people and thrive in a fast-paced working environment then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Prior experience in customer service delivery in a Specialist Centre, attention to detail, sophisticated communication skills and problem-solving skills are essential.
Successful candidates must possess and will be facilitated in:
- Advanced understanding of Medical Management software and expertise in BEST PRACTICE/Medical Objects or similar.
- Knowledge of Medicare items & Medical Benefits Scheme (MBS) guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of Medical billing.
- An understanding of the Private Health Insurance billing system.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrated experience in providing reception and or administrative support to a multi-disciplinary team including the requirement to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Must possess a high level of computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and to have the ability to quickly acquire knowledge in other medical software.
- Fast typing skills and advanced Microsoft / PC expertise.
- Incentive or drive to learn & grow.
- The ability for Self-appraisal and reflection.
- Maturity to appreciate an ever-changing landscape.
- Adaptability to converse with various age clienteles.
- Ability to liaise with various organisations, Healthcare providers, businesses and community.
- Medical terminology, ethics & Privacy & Consent Guidelines.
- Professional & personable telephone manner.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- Highly organised & great time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Be polite and patient-focused, while making the lives of our doctors as smooth as possible.
- Use their initiative but be willing to seek help when they need it.
- Meet and Greet: You will be the face of our business and expected to be friendly and professional with patients, doctors and other staff members.
- Front desk reception and management of patient clinics.
- General Administrative Duties including banking procedures account invoicing and debt collection.
- Chasing referrals for surgery and consults and patient results.
- Answering telephone enquiries.
- Collecting & entering patient details.
- Booking and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Scanning and filing.
- Ensuring practice policies and procedures are correctly followed.
- Ensuring medical records are managed confidentially and efficiently.
- Data collection and maintenance of a patient database.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail.
- Scanning and linking patient correspondence, test results.
- Printing and mailing correspondence.
- Liaising with referring doctors, hospital staff and medial representatives.
- Everyday Billings.
- Medicare Batching.
- EFTPOS Functioning.
- Daily Accounts Reconciling.
- Procedures for Owings and Retrieval.
Experience with past Medical Specialist practices will be preferred. Clinic operating hours are weekdays 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, excluding Public Holidays and occasional Saturday work will be required. Immediate start is preferred.
If you want to join a positive team in a role that you can make your own then we want to hear from you! To apply please email your CV and a Cover Letter to
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Expected Start Date: 20/11/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to $48,000.00 per year
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)