Animal Management Officer
Osborne Richardson continue to bring exceptional roles to the market all over Australia and we are incredibly excited about these great new roles.
We are looking for compliance and investigation professionals who are passionate about furthering their careers in the field of Animal Management. We have been tasked to find an Animal Management Officer to join this major Council (situated halfway between Brisbane and the Gold Coast) team on an initial 4 month contract.
In this highly sought after position, no one day will ever provide the same challenge and you will find yourself undertaking a range of duties such as:
- Responding to requests to remove and impound lost and straying animals on private and public property
- Assisting at the Animal Shelter as required.
- Conducting patrols of the City for the purpose of impounding straying animals and assist in the corrective action of breaches
- Follow up overdue and unregistered animal registrations
We are looking for the right applicant, complimenting and supporting the existing Officers and organisational culture. In this respect, we seek applicants based not on how many years they have in a similar role but on their raw ability to do the role. At the end of the day, experience is fantastic however, we would love to hear from you if you think you have what it takes.
In this respect, we expect that applicants will have the ability to honestly assess their skills and personality, strongly identifying with the following personal qualities:
1. Can utilise clear, constructive and positive communication to always offer solutions
2. Is a leader in their own right whilst respecting organisational hierarchy
3. Recognises the importance of fitting into existing cultures
4. See hard graft and a fast-moving work environment as a great way to make your day go by quickly
5. Open to rapid personal and professional upskilling through accepting the support and expertise of their peers
Should you require any further information in regards to the role, please feel free to contact Owen Millar at firstname.lastname@example.org.