We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated Teachers to join our close knit school community. We currently have two opportunities available; one full-time continuing position and a 12 month full-time fixed term contract for the 2021 school year.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Ensure that the teachings and values of the Catholic Church form a foundation for learning and teaching,
- Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
- Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
- Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
- Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Strong literacy and numeracy practices plus a clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Proven organisational skills,
- An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
- Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
- An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
- Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
- As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St Peter's is a Catholic primary school, situated in central Caboolture (opposite the railway station) with a student population of 676 and a staff of 72. St Peter’s is proud of its Josephite tradition. We endeavour to live the message promoted by St Mary MacKillop – ‘Never see a need without doing something about it’. Our students are proud and supportive of their school. They show respect to teachers, adults and fellow students. Students know what is expected of them and strive to meet these high standards.
At St Peter’s we educate for 21st Century learners who are successful, creative, confident, active, informed and empowered to shape and enrich our world. 21st Century learning at St Peter’s is underpinned by effective pedagogy and spaces that are engaging, motivational and relevant for the learning taking place. Our classrooms are flexible learning environments designed to be configured in a variety of ways. At St Peter’s we believe that every child is capable of success which is reflected in our high expectations to maximise the learning progress and achievement of every student.
To be successful in this role you will:
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term and Continuing positions available
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 12 months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Peter Surawski
Contact Telephone Number: 54952266
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 22-Nov-2020