Maths - Jnr & Snr Teacher
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a full time, fixed term position for the 2021 school year teaching Maths in senior and junior classes. The ability to teach in a second subject area would be advantageous but is not essential.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
- Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
- Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
- Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
- Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
- A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
- An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
- Proven organisational skills,
- Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
- An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
- Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment, and
- the teaching of religious Education would be advantageous although not necessary.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
St John's College is a Catholic secondary learning community established by the Good Samaritan Sisters in 1940. St. John’s is well known for excellence in Academic pursuits, Dramatic and Musical presentations, sporting success in rugby, netball, cross country and athletics, and community service programs. Some unique features of the school are its pastoral care program, inclusiveness of students with disabilities, staff - student relationships, energetic Parents & Friends Association and community links.
To be successful in this role you will:
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 12 months
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Deana Meyers
Contact Telephone Number: 0754415666
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26-Nov-2020