Executive AssistantFixed termed, Full-Time Clerk Grade 5/6
Location: Sydney CBD
Requisition ID: REQ195377
The Health Professional Councils Authority (HPCA) is an Executive Agency of the NSW Ministry of Health. The HPCA plays an important role in protecting the health and safety of the public by supporting the 15 NSW Health Professional Councils in managing complaints about NSW health practitioners.
About this role:
An exciting fixed-term full-time opportunity (up to 12 months) currently exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Executive Assistant to join our team, located in the Sydney CBD. The ideal candidate will provide a comprehensive range of high-level executive and administrative support functions to the executive team to support services and the timely delivery of business initiatives to a high quality and standard. This role deals with sensitive issues and operates within critical timeframes that are often dependent on delivery by Council members, senior HPCA staff, external key stakeholders and the general public.
Qualifications such as a Certificate 4 level in Business Administration Support (or similar) and/or substantial experience in administrative support positions with a demonstrated capacity to work effectively at the executive level and evidence of continued development.
The HPCA offers flexible working hours, supportive work environment, and other benefits such as access to a Fitness Passport. The role will be based at the newly refurbished HPCA Pitt Street offices, located only a short walking distance from Central Station and Belmore Park. There are a number of facilities located within the building, including a FitPoint, Yoga and Pilates sessions, bike storage, a food court, a rooftop garden and other amenities. The HPCA upholds NSW Health CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment.
Need more information?
2. Find out more about applying for this position
3. All applicants must attach a response to the two targeted questions (1-2 pages) and your CV (no more than 5 pages)
4. A Recruitment Pool may be created for future vacancies at the same/equivalent salary level
For role related questions contact Chelsea Starkey, Senior HR Advisor on HPCA-HumanResources@health.nsw.gov.au
Targeted Questions (1-2 pages)
If you do not include responses to the below questions your application will not be considered.
1) Provide an example of when you have been asked to take on a complex and urgent responsibility that you had not done before. What were the challenges and what did you do to overcome these and successfully achieve the desired outcome?
2) Describe a situation when you wanted to make a major change in a process which involved other team members or stakeholders. How did you go about seeking approval and motivating stakeholders to make the proposed changes required?
The HPCA values diversity and is committed to building an inclusive workplace culture that reflects the community we serve. We encourage applications from diverse community groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI, people with a disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
To be eligible for employment in these roles you must be one of the following:
You can only be offered employment in this role for the duration that your current visa allows you to work in Australia, and you can only be offered ongoing employment if you have a permanent visa that allows you to work in Australia.
To learn more about working at the HPCA and Ministry of Health, please visit the Ministry of Health career portal.