Linesperson And/Or Live Line Linesperson
- 9 day fortnight + applicable allowance
- Lines Construction Crew - Permanent Opportunity for Qualified Tradesperson
Energy QLD energises communities from Tweed Heads to the Torres Strait & from Brisbane to Birdsville & creates a brighter future for energy in QLD.
We now have a great permanent
opportunity for a Linesperson / Live Line Linesperson
within the Field Delivery Group based at our Bundaberg Depot
. This position is part of the travelling Overhead Construction crew which involves travel away from home from extended periods of time.
Field Delivery is responsible for the core functions of customer service response, including; customer fault response and disaster management, customer connections, customer relationships and provision of metering services. Also constructing and maintaining overhead, high and low voltage electrical distribution and sub-transmission systems, street lighting mains and customer service lines.
As a Linesperson /Live Line Linesperson
, you will construct, maintain and repair overhead, high and low voltage electrical distribution and sub-transmission systems, street lighting mains and customer service lines.
The candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Queensland Electrical Licensing Board Certificate of Competency as an Electrical Linesperson;
- Perform live line methodology on Energy Queensland (Ergon Energy and Energex) networks.
- You are QLD trade qualified with a Live Line authorisation; however, if you are a Linesperson wanting to undertake further training and skill development to full Live Line capabilities, we encourage your application.
- Demonstrated knowledge of an electricity distribution/transmission system, including construction and maintenance of the electrical network;
- Working knowledge of Electricity Act & Regulations, Workplace Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and other relevant statutory acts & regulations;
This is a great opportunity as part of the Overhead Lines Crew to gain experience in larger projects, and travel the areas supporting and interacting with various workgroups when required.
The level of payment will be subject to an assessment of the successful applicant’s knowledge, skills and competencies that are required in this position. Conditions of employment are in accordance with the Energy Queensland Union Collective Agreement 2020.
Applications close 11:00pm, Wednesday 25th November 2020.
This position is currently open to suitably qualified internal Energy Queensland employees and external candidates.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please click the Begin button below. Your application should include a current resume and contact details for two business referees. You may also attach a cover letter which highlights your experience and suitability for the role. For more information about this role, click on the Position Description link located at the bottom of the page.
Energy Queensland values the differences individuals contribute to our workforce and encourages a diverse range of applicants to apply.
Click here to view more information on diversity and inclusion at Energy Queensland.