SUPPORT WORKER - (High Care Needs)
Pharaoh Care is a rapidly growing disability support provider, committed to providing quality care and helping NDIS participants achieve their goals. Our Support workers recognize that professional engagement with clients generates supportive and life enhancing quality relationships.
To support young adults living in their own home who require around the clock support for all their day-to-day living needs.
The successful applicant will be trained in the specific complex care duties for individual participants and will be part of an already well-established care team. Your view of disability support work is to see it not as a job, but a passion and commitment to providing high levels of support to vulnerable people. You will provide appropriate levels of support to maintain and improve the clients level of independent functioning including participation in the community.
- · Personal Hygiene Care
- · Preparing liquid meals and following PEG feeding procedures.
- · Assist with client’s physical and mobility requirements including transfers.
- · Collaborate positively with their family members and other support people.
- · Record accurate case notes on a daily basis, with attention to detail.
- · Be proactive, using initiative and common sense.
- · Work within the NDIS Code of Conduct.
- · Strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- · The ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders
- · Demonstrated safe work practices
- · Demonstrate sound disability experience and or training relevant to the position.
- · The ability to follow instructions, use your initiative and to make decisions.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) or Cert III in Disability
- Current First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Must pass and have a current Police Check (ongoing requirement for employment)
- Must hold a current Yellow Card
- Must hold and have a current Blue Card
- Must have current drivers’ licence
- To have worked in the disability sector for a year or more.
- To have knowledge of the NDIS Code of conduct.
How to apply: Please submit the following documents by the closing date:
- An up to date CV showing at least 3 referees.
- A cover letter outlining how you meet the above Essential and Desirable selection criteria.
- Provide evidence of your Blue Card, Yellow card, Drivers Licence and National Police Check.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $27.00 – $34.00 per hour
- Blue Card / yellow Card (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)