St Anne’s Catholic Primary School Sarina (P-6) was founded by the Sisters of Mercy and officially opened 23 May 1925. St Anne’s school provides students from Prep to Year Six with a contemporary and well-balanced Catholic education in a family atmosphere. The school family consists of a caring and willing group of parents and students, together with a dedicated and experienced staff.
About the role:
There are four positions available and these are term-time and outlined below, commencing in January 2021. Under direct supervision of the Principal or nominee, the teacher assistant will provide support services to classroom teachers with student learning either individually or in groups.
- ROLE 1: Monday/Tuesday/Friday (18 hours per week)
- ROLE 2: Monday/Friday (12 hours per week)
- ROLE 3: Thursday/Friday (12 hours per week)
- ROLE 4: Monday/Friday (12 hours per week)
Typical duties include:
- Practice confidentiality in relation to all aspects of the role
- Assist student learning, either individually or in groups, under the direct supervision of an academic staff member where limited discretion and judgement are involved
- Perform within well-established routines tasks associated with the mass production of printed material including collating, stapling, binding, folding, cutting etc
- Under the direct supervision of a higher-level officer or a member of the academic staff and within well-established routines
- Prepare and clean away materials for use/display in classrooms
- Produce printed material including collating, stapling, binding, folding, cutting etc
- Perform tasks of limited complexity associated with classroom learning e.g. preparing, implementing and supervising learning programs
- Support students in relation to their physical needs
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required
A working with Children Check (WWCC) and current Suitability Notice is a requirement of this role.
The successful applicant will have relevant experience and an understanding of, and a commitment to, the ethos of Catholic Education. In addition, you will have excellent time management skills, well developed interpersonal skills and a high proficiency of computer skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary range (based on experience)
- Superannuation up to 12.75% contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Modern facilities and resources
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service (portability of Long Service Leave may also be applicable)
- Corporate health insurance
- Excellent leave entitlements to suit various situations
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
How to Apply:
- Complete the application form
- Provide a 1 – 2 page cover letter outlining your demonstrated capabilities. (Please refer to the Position Description to support your response)
- Submit your application and supporting documentation to:
St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, Sarina
- For a confidential conversation please contact John Ballinger-Oches (Principal, St Anne’s Catholic Primary School) on 07 4994 8285
- Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Existing not to be different, but to make a difference…