- Initially a 3 to 4 month contract - Possible permanent thereafter!
- Portfolio - a mix of residential, light commercial, tourism developments
- Band 6 or 7 operator will be considered - Local Government experience ideal
Aspect Personnel has been engaged by a regional council in Victoria's north west to find a Principal Statutory Planner who is keen to work on contract for a period of 3 to 4 months.
Due to a recent resignation, Council are looking to recruit an experienced Band 6 or 7 Statutory Planner to take over a generous caseload of planning applications ranging from residential, commercial and tourism developments.
You will be responsible for assessing and processing planning applications autonomously and support the Manager Developments with mentoring 3 Junior Statutory Planners within the team. As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A degree in Town Planning, or relevant qualifications/experience
- A solid understanding of the Victorian Planning Schemes, Planning Legislation and state, regional and local planning strategies.
- Previous experience in a Local Victorian Council would be advantageous but private sector experience will be considered.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- A self starter - you will be working remotely at first until further notice.
This is a great opportunity should you like to get out of Melbourne and have a taste of what a regional lifestyle looks like. If you love it, as so many do, there is a high probability you will be considered for the permanent position too.
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity or other Town Planning opportunities within Victoria, please contact Mark Parrent
0422 045 204
or send an email to email@example.com
Please check our website for further opportunities, apply for job alerts or to refer a friend. www.aspectpersonnel.com.au