Project Support Officer
Be a part of something amazing for Western Australia
Being a part of the Horizon Power team is about building a better future for regional Western Australia. Every day Horizon Power supplies electricity to over 110,000 residents and 10,000 businesses in remote and regional Western Australia. Spanning a service area of 2.3 million square kilometres, we are responsible for the largest geographical catchment of any Australian power provider.
We are passionate about delivering customer-centric energy solutions that drive regional growth, vibrant communities and ensure our customers, including those in some of the most isolated and remote communities in the world, receive cleaner, safe and reliable power.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Engineering and Project Services, the Project Support Officer will coordinate and provide general project support to the Operations Delivery Support team to enable Project Directors, Managers and Project Managers to effectively deliver the Projects as part of the overall program. This general support includes the complete project lifecycle of concept development, option analysis, approvals, procurement and delivery. The role requires a high level of flexibility, service delivery, financial acumen and a willingness to learn.
This is an 18 month full time, maximum term position which maybe be based in our Bentley office or at one of our Horizon Power regional offices in Western Australia.
The key aspects of the role are:
- Coordinate filing of safety related documentation within Horizon Power's document management systems.
- Coordinate project meetings and governance activities including key meeting minutes and activities.
- Coordinate Operations Delivery Support project calendars.
- Develop and maintain a data base of template documentation and best practice documentation for projects.
- Develop and maintain the document management environment for the Operational Delivery Support team.
- Establish appropriate work order structures and verify work order numbers and undertake financial administration/tracking on project budgets as required.
- System administrator for PlanView and applicable program tools and systems.
- Prepare and review project support deliverables for compliance with Horizon Power's Project Management Methodology (PMM).
- Booking and providing support to Project progress meetings, and project risk workshops, managing Project Registers and actions as required.
- Prepare and review monthly program status reports and program documentation.
- Where necessary, assist in writing change requests, board papers, briefs, communications and other internal approvals as required.
- Coordinate approval of project documentation.
- Assist in contract administration functions.
- Report any compliance issues to the PMO.
- In a professional manner, coordinate and liaise with a variety of internal stakeholders, and external stakeholders and contractors as required.
- Establish and maintain a cost control function for program and advise project managers.
- Assist in financial/commercial analysis as required from time to time.
- The PSO may be required to support other areas of Horizon Power from time to time.
In addition to sharing our passion, to be successful in this role you will have:
- Business, Finance and/or Project Management qualifications or other qualifications or experience which demonstrates the ability to coordinate project related activities.
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite
- Ability to build relationships and motivate teams of people.
- Use of Ellipse and administering Project Finances.
- Ability to manage stakeholders and a strong understanding of regional electricity power function from research to planning to information management.
Skills & Experience
- Proficient in MS Project & PlanView.
- Knowledge covering commercial aspects of the energy industry.
- Up to 5 years' experience in a Project or Portfolio Planning/Governance/Coordination role.
- Professional registration and other advanced training is preferred-Project Management Institute.
When you join Horizon Power, you become a part of a diverse and talented team; a group of people who drive innovation, embrace collaboration, and celebrate regional Western Australia.
Horizon Power is committed to Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander opportunity, Equal Employment opportunity, and to attracting and retaining the most talented employees who share our passion.
Apply now via the button below. Applications close 6pm on Sunday 22 November, 2020.
We reserve the right to withdraw this advert prior to the closing date