An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic Cashier to join the team at Northern Health. This role is a full time, fixed term position at 80 hours per fortnight.
- Experience in customer service and administration.
- Experience with large enterprise billing and finance systems and software.
- Computer literacy – Microsoft Office, i.PM, iPharmacy & Oracle.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Accurate cash handling and numeracy skills
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, effectively and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of patient billing and practices.
- Strong knowledge of the public health sector.
- Ability to demonstrate a customer focused attitude.
- An ability to adapt to change and new processes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
- A commitment to continued improvement and change.
We can offer:
- A commitment to deliver a compassionate and understanding service to patients and their families.
- Health and Wellbeing programs, including our new ‘Thrive’ program
- Flexibility in the workplace
- An inclusive and culturally safe space
- Extra leave options and support
About Northern Health
- Access to salary packaging, EAP, our library and onsite car parking.
As an organisation we have a clear focus on how we service and partner with our community, including our strategy of helping the community stay well when at home. Our reputation of community minded, inclusive and progressive is matched to none.
Northern Health is located in the rapidly growing northern suburbs with projected growth the biggest in the state. With a booming, culturally rich and diverse community, and less than an hour’s drive from the CBD (still within the bounds of Myki and ride-sharing), Melbourne’s North is fast becoming a place to be!
Next Steps . . .
If this opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then we would love to hear from you. Please click on the 'Apply' button and follow the prompts.
Work with us! Northern Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce which reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, as well as applicants who are LGBTIQ+, who have different abilities, or are from culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds are encouraged.