Public Affairs Officer - APS 5
Monday, November 16, 2020
- Location: Melbourne
- Job Type: Contract or Temp
- Reference No. 3189409
This Commonwealth Government client is one of Australia's leading employers and currently has an opportunity available for a Public Affairs Officer at the APS 5 level in their Melbourne office.
With the initial contract being through to the end of the financial year and with the possibility of a further twelve month extension, this is an opportunity to secure your long term future.
Working within the communications area you will support the delivery of marketing solutions, as well as helping design, develop, implement and evaluate marketing and communication content.
Whilst working under the general direction of senior staff, you will be expected to use your own judgement, skills and knowledge to make decisions and recommend solutions. Keys tasks the Public Affairs Officer will undertake include but are not limited to the following:
- Help design, develop, implement and evaluate content, communication plans and products
- Provide advice and interpret communication processes, guidelines and policies
- Identify issues and collaborate with stakeholders to resolve and/or escalate for resolution
- Help scope stakeholder requirements and maintain relationships to deliver effective communication outcomes
- Contribute to business improvement and best practice
- Help to create, schedule, coordinate and publish communication content
To be successful with your application, you'll need to possess qualifications in any of journalism, communication, public relations or marketing and have relevant on the job experience utilising these skills.
Please note that as this job is with a Commonwealth Government Department, it is essential that you are an Australian Citizen and acknowledge that you will be required to undertake relevant security vetting.